Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-08-2015, 05:27 PM

Paul has rattled every single fg loser to the core of their being.

unbelievable.
Old 15-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collapsedfaceman View Post
Paul has rattled every single fg loser to the core of their being.

unbelievable.
He seems to rouse more fear and loathing among the FG crowd than most. I don't think I have ever seen the Indo rags pour more vitriol over anyone.

If by your enemies you are known, the guy is doing something right.
Old 15-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloblock View Post
What are the consequences of making an ass of yourself?
That depends on whether or not the things you do while making an ass of yourself are illegal or not. The guards seem to think that they are and so the consequence, at present, is a day in Court.
Old 15-08-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
He seems to rouse more fear and loathing among the FG crowd than most. I don't think I have ever seen the Indo rags pour more vitriol over anyone.

same with George Hook, Turbridy. he had them fuming.
kenny made a total fool out of himself with his toddle along comment as he did speaking in Irish not answering his questions asked by Mick Wallace.
it's clear the fg heads see these lads as a major threat. how dare they question us kinda thing.
let them keep rattling cages !!
Old 15-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
That depends on whether or not the things you do while making an ass of yourself are illegal or not. The guards seem to think that they are and so the consequence, at present, is a day in Court.
Surely the office of the DPP rather than the guards? Although the latter seem to have been so excited by the prospect that they couldn't resist telling their chums in the media.

Not unlike when they simply had to leak the story about Clare Daly being arrested for alleged drink-driving.
Old 15-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Surely the office of the DPP rather than the guards? Although the latter seem to have been so excited by the prospect that they couldn't resist telling their chums in the media.

Not unlike when they simply had to leak the story about Clare Daly being arrested for alleged drink-driving.
The final decision is the DPPs, of course, but the guards were the ones at the scene and the ones who thought it warranted arrest and preparing a file for the DPP.

I don't think it is a great course of action, mainly because it means we have to listen to more pontification by Paul Murphy...
Old 15-08-2015, 06:18 PM

RAATTTTTLLLEEEDDDD!! !
Old 15-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

What is he doing right in your opinion?
Old 15-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

Murphy is going around making very serious accusations about "political policing" and that his trial will be a "major political trial", none of this guff stands up in reality, he was part of a protest which got totally out of hand resulting in a in mob led by him trapping the deputy prime minister of this state her car for over 2 hours and he thinks that he can just walk away from that without facing the consequences? Is he for real?

Does he think that he is above the law?
Old 15-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Senior PROC Member

I see Murphy is calling into question the independence of the DPP now aswell, the man is an absolute disgrace, he has no dignity whatsoever and I am shocked that so many people are taken in by him and his relentless spinning.

Quote:
Anti-Austerity TD Paul Murphy has been criticised by some opposition TDs for appearing to question the independence of the DPP.

Mr Murphy insists that he — and 19 others who are expected to be charged over their roles in an anti-water charge protest which saw Tánaiste Joan Burton trapped in her car for over two hours — are victims of “political policing”.

Pressed on whether he accepted that the role of the DPP was impartial, the Dublin South West deputy told RTÉ: “I accept that’s the role of the DPP and that’s the way she is supposed to conduct her job. I don’t know how it was conducted in this particular case.”

Fianna Fáil’s justice spokesman Niall Collins condemned the comments, dismissing Mr Murphy’s claims gardaí were being politically controlled: “While I may question the value of prosecuting these individuals, that doesn’t really matter. I trust and expect the gardaí and the DPP to follow the evidence and objectively make decisions on the basis of that evidence
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...ty-348106.html

Is he suggesting that the government are using undue influence to get this case prosecuted and if so where is his evidence I wonder?

Surely it is clear to everyone that the government has nothing to gain by Murphy being tried for his Jobstown antics and that they would prefer if the matter was dropped.