Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 01-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Default Rugby bar in Dublin?

I'm heading up to Dublin this weekend; anyone know where in the city centre I can catch the Munster game?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 AM

Break for the Border off on Lower Stephen St. (off South William St.) is very near Stephen's Green/Grafton St. and has some big Munster Supporters club flag out when they are playing. Usually a good atmosphere even for the general poor standard of Dublin pubs.

Usual stout and beer prices that make your eyes pop when you get the receipt.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 AM

the george should b a busy spot its located on great georges st. usually good crack in there.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 AM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Pod View Post
Break for the Border off on Lower Stephen St. (off South William St.) is very near Stephen's Green/Grafton St. and has some big Munster Supporters club flag out when they are playing. Usually a good atmosphere even for the general poor standard of Dublin pubs.

Usual stout and beer prices that make your eyes pop when you get the receipt.
Prices in Cork are on a par with Dublin unless you go to the hellhole that is templebar.

The Woolshed on Parnell St will have it on and usually a lot of Munster fans in there as well. Nice grub there as well.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
Prices in Cork are on a par with Dublin unless you go to the hellhole that is templebar.

The Woolshed on Parnell St will have it on and usually a lot of Munster fans in there as well. Nice grub there as well.
If you're drinking Heinoswill and Carlsburp maybe but theyre charging 4 euro for a Beamish around that area, cant remember the name of the pub now. very near break for the border. Its 2.95e in Calnans in Cork.

Less than 3.50 in most places. Also, in places like Break for the Border you cant get beamish or murphys so if youre drinking guinness theres little or nothing left from a fiver.

Yes, definitely avoid temple bar/little england.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:39 AM

Do you want a rugby pub or a pub that will be showing the rugby?

If you want the former, Searson's where Baggot St runs into Pembroke Rd is a good option.

15 mins walk from Stephen's Green though.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:44 AM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Pod View Post
If you're drinking Heinoswill and Carlsburp maybe but theyre charging 4 euro for a Beamish around that area, cant remember the name of the pub now. very near break for the border. Its 2.95e in Calnans in Cork.

Less than 3.50 in most places. Also, in places like Break for the Border you cant get beamish or murphys so if youre drinking guinness theres little or nothing left from a fiver.

Yes, definitely avoid temple bar/little england.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Anywhere in Baggot street.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:58 PM

Cheers, lads.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd26 View Post
Do you want a rugby pub or a pub that will be showing the rugby?

If you want the former, Searson's where Baggot St runs into Pembroke Rd is a good option.

15 mins walk from Stephen's Green though.
Came in here to mention this place.