Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-09-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
Christ above - this morning a bus driver/fucking ape tried to intentionally knock a cyclist down right in front of me

I cycled up to the drivers window, he opened it, and this is the discussion we had:

Me: What did you think you were doing there, you could have killed that cyclist
Driver: I was teaching him a fucking lesson
Me: But you could have killed him
Driver: I don't care

I understand that the city centre is a frustrating place to drive but you simply cannot have people with that attitude driving busses as it is too dangerous for everybody else. Anyway, I stood in front of his bus, took a photo of him and the bus plates and then he drove off giving me the finger

For the first time ever I actually reported the driver to Dublin Bus and AGS.. nothing will happen
Routine punishment pass. No biggie.
Old 20-09-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
I dunno HonkY sounds suspiciously like a PFO.

I presume you will never hear from AGS.
You will find the drivers union will argue that a 3rd party cant make a complaint of this nature so unless the cyclist who caused this reaction from the driver actually makes the complaint then nothing will be done about it.
Old 20-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Senior PROC Member

Tbh, given the bus drivers knowledge that the cops frequently use bus CCTV in their crime investigations then methinks he'd have to be some case of thick to have "punishment passed" anyone. Now if it was a case of the cyclist ignoring the warning sign on the rear left hand sign of a bus and decided to undertake between the bus and the path that'd be a different matter.
Old 20-09-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Looks like you've dobbed him in good and proper. I wonder if he might lose his job over it.

Bus CCTV is crystal clear these days (not sure if there's accompanying audio tbh) so if it's as clear as you claim then he's in the brown stuff
If they get the CCTV they can make their own judgement, although I’m not sure the camera would be wide enough to show what happened. It would definitely confirm what I described for as long as they can pick up the cyclist though, and if it has audio they will certainly hear the conversation myself and the driver had.

They can make their own minds up from there
Old 20-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Looks like you've dobbed him in good and proper. I wonder if he might lose his job over it.

Bus CCTV is crystal clear these days (not sure if there's accompanying audio tbh) so if it's as clear as you claim then he's in the brown stuff
Ffs, listen to the shop steward.

Dobbed him in?
HonkY was 100% correct. That c**t tried to kill someone. He should face the full rigours of the law.
A dickhead like that has no business on the road.
Old 21-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Senior PROC Member

Fair play de_Mange_Y.
'I don't care'. That is chilling.
Old 21-09-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
Fair play de_Mange_Y.
'I don't care'. That is chilling.
He couldn't care less, definitely felt it was a proportional response which is incredible

fucking moron at best, psycho at worst.. probably somewhere in the middle!
Old 21-09-2018, 11:44 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
He couldn't care less, definitely felt it was a proportional response which is incredible

That being the case best he gets removed from driving a bus either way.

Did the cyclist undertake the bus btw - you forgot to say.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

Lol @ Mad Dog SoundY still trying to blame the cyclist.
Old 21-09-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
That being the case best he gets removed from driving a bus either way.

Did the cyclist undertake the bus btw - you forgot to say.
No he didn't, the cyclist had been in between 2 busses in single file because that stretch is not wide enough to cycle beside the busses, he then crossed from the right hand side of the bus/lane to the left hand side of the bus/lane in front of the 2nd bus, in really slow moving traffic where he was always ahead of the bus - the bus had no potential to make any progress by the way.

Being on the right hand side of the lane is safer in this instance, but he pissed the driver off by crossing the bus. The driver clearly doesn't understand that this is the safest position and route for the cyclist in that stretch of road

The road widens out immediately after the cyclist switched, which is why he did so he wouldn't be impeding any drivers.. the bus driver the accelerated until the front of the bus was level with the cyclist and then steered the bus left into his path as he approached his stop- I presume the cyclist managed to jam on the brakes and jump onto the step or something as he didn't get mushed, I was moving to the outside of the bus again at this stage, hence stopping at the drivers window and having a chat with him