tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Liam Miller Memorial Match - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-07-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Croke Park can play foreign sports. But any other ground has to put a motion through Annual Congress, next one which isn't until February 2019.
thank both
Old 19-07-2018, 12:14 PM

Lots of nonsense about PUC getting money from the public purse for development , so do lots of other where other sports can't be played. Loads of anti GAA shite this morning. People knew PUC wasn't available. As someone states above CCB should have been able to make the decision at Executive level and no doubt it would have been ok'd
Old 19-07-2018, 12:14 PM

It was obvious when this was announced that the pairc would come into play, once again cork gaa looking fucking neanderthal and total radio silence. Ffs it's a charity match to provide for a young man's family of course it should have been played on the pairc...hiding behind Congress is a joke, the gaaaaa has shown recently it can change its 'rules' very quickly when it suits. Croke park and cb's showing themselves more and more out of touch with reality almost daily now....continuous drip drip of bad pr
Old 19-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Senior PROC Member

If it was purely a case of needing a bigger venue why wasn't Musgrave Park considered? It's got a capacity of over 8,000 I think and that could mean an extra 50,000 Euro over and above what'll be garnered from holding it at Turner's Cross.

It's not as though big games were never moved from Turners Cross there before. In fact as well as Davy Barry's great European goal I've memories of Cormac Cotter trying to make a name for himself by kicking Mark Hughes at a game against Man U selection, and City beating a Celtic selection out there under Liam Brady.
Old 19-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior footballer View Post
It was obvious when this was announced that the pairc would come into play, once again cork gaa looking fucking neanderthal and total radio silence. Ffs it's a charity match to provide for a young man's family of course it should have been played on the pairc...hiding behind Congress is a joke, the gaaaaa has shown recently it can change its 'rules' very quickly when it suits. Croke park and cb's showing themselves more and more out of touch with reality almost daily now....continuous drip drip of bad pr
Which 'rules' were changed very quickly when it suited? Asking for a friend.
Old 19-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior footballer View Post
I wonder did they ask the CCB?
Old 19-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Which 'rules' were changed very quickly when it suited? Asking for a friend.
They changed the rules on penalties mid championship. Nash Rule like
Old 19-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
I wonder did they ask the CCB?
Think they did but the CCB while saying they could have all the conference facilities for free (there's a 4K per table event on after the game), alas their hands are currently tied on the availability of the playing surface for other sports.

It was also acknowledged that Liam Miller played underage for Eire Og and had a Sciath na Scoil medal I think
Old 19-07-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Think they did but the CCB while saying they could have all the conference facilities for free (there's a 4K per table event on after the game), alas their hands are currently tied on the availability of the playing surface for other sports.

It was also acknowledged that Liam Miller played underage for Eire Og and had a Sciath na Scoil medal I think
He was Captain of his Sciath team
Old 19-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

Yes, I found the article now. Seems from what Mick Finn said that the CCB didn't have a problem with the pitch being used so I doubt they are hiding behind the rule as claimed here.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-37134405.html