tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Are Fianna Fail finished ? - Page 6 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strict66 View Post
Do you think they are actually unpatriotic or just not patriotic in the barstooler sense
Thought you knew better than to continue using that term in reference to me. No I don't mean in the barstooler sense. I mean in general terms.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcork View Post
I'm always confused about this 32;

What do those ordinary FFers know about FF now that they didn't know in 2004 or 1994 for that matter.

Did they think it was appropriate that blank cheque bertie was CJH's right hand man. Did they think the constant pandering and throwing scraps to the electorate was sustainable strategy? Did they think the party was honest, or even competant?

The FFers are just pissed that they no longer being paid by the property pyramid scheme and the celtic tiger fraud. Are they just upset that the racehorses etc. are being repossessed?
Johnm, I am sure you are aware that even in FG there is a gulf between the branch member and Mount St.

It's not about what the cumann member knows or knew, it's about the party and its members and their systematic removal from party decisions, policy and stance.

The rest of the post is irrelevant in the context of what I am trying to say. There were essentially 2 parties in FF by the time of the implosion, Mount St, long term ministers and grandees, developers etc AND the ordinary member. They were not, if you knew FF, one homogenous group all acting together. Speak to most ordinary members and they will tell you in the last 10 years they have been little more than canvassing fodder.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcork View Post
Do you not remember them going on about rip off ireland for ages and banging on about diminished competitiveness and an over dependance on construction?

e.g. http://www.bublin.eu/ripoff/ripoff.php?id=41
Of course I remember all the rip-off Ireland stuff; wasn't that all led by Eddie Hobbs? But if the last gov was responsible for every act of dishonesty or greed by every business or individual during their reign, does that mean that the current gov are responsible for it all now? Come on!
Old 28-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langeroo View Post
FF drove the bus therefore FF are primarily responsible! No argument! ....... and you add to the problem attacking me for not giving your party in government the kind of blind support that you appear to give them.
Really?

Where did I do this?

Where did I show blind loyalty to anyone?

PROC- CORK HURLERS 20000.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Thought you knew better than to continue using that term in reference to me. No I don't mean in the barstooler sense. I mean in general terms.
In general terms patriotism means a love of ones country. Are you claiming that FG don't love their country ?

Seriously in what way are FG unpatriotic ( By the way what an absurd concept to be holding in such a high esteem in 21st century)
Old 28-02-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
If you want to blame FF for irresponsible government then you have to blame FG/Lab for obstructing them with reckless promises.

If you want to blame FF for being incompetent, then you have to question the competence of the then opposition that couldn't unseat them.

If you didn't hear it Shane Ross said on Morning Ireland last October that he would hang every Banker from the nearest lamppost.
Langeroo, my friend, it is this classic FF horsehit of 'blame the opposition' for 14 years of rank incompetence while FF were in power that is symptomatic of FF's problems. This thread is about FF's future.

I have simply pointed out the hatred for FF that exists in the electorate and why this is unlikely to change as long as FFers continue to insult them by a) parading some of the leadership fro 1997-2011 (Martin, O Cuiv, o Dea) and b) refusing to differentiate between the policies that wrecked the economy, (overspending, corruption, incompetence) and those that became necessary to remedy the situation, ie. austerity).

You can deliberately misunderstand me and obfuscate all you like. I don't really care. You are simply shooting the messenger, like the FF leadership.

And throwing out the wild bleatings of an independent TD is simply more distraction from the theme of this thread.

Enjoy the Ard Fheis.

Old 28-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Are parties still trying to sell themselves on that patriotism lark ?

Are there people still out there still that stupid to buy it ?

"Oh look a United Ireland Policy" ignore our other policies as we are "patriotic"
Old 28-02-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelicecreamman View Post
Really?..Where did I do this?..Where did I show blind loyalty to anyone?
Quote:
.... the kind of blind support that you appear to give them.
Well are you blind when it comes to reading my posts?
Old 28-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Well are you blind when it comes to reading my posts?
Retraction accepted.

Old 28-02-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Of course I remember all the rip-off Ireland stuff; wasn't that all led by Eddie Hobbs? But if the last gov was responsible for every act of dishonesty or greed by every business or individual during their reign, does that mean that the current gov are responsible for it all now? Come on!
Listen.

Everybody will hate Fianna Fail for about the next 75 years.

They have lain waste upon this land.
Historically the Irish will not forgive them and will certainly not forget

Flanagan: Fianna Fail are gone, Bull.

"Bull" McCabe: *Gone*, because I drove em out: me and my kind. Gone, but not forgotten Flanagan.

Get with the programme.