tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Are Fianna Fail finished ? - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-02-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langeroo View Post
Sure are, just can't find the one where he said raise taxes and cut spending!
He said we were headed for disaster if we continued to increase spending at phenomenal rates funded by transaction taxes that were clearly unsustainable.

Are you just wumming now or are you really that deluded breed of FFer that still just don't get it. If you are the latter, then it is you and your arrogant ilk that are driving the final nails into FFs coffin.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMagic View Post
As regards the rest of your post, I 'd just say to you that FG and Labour are no different
?
This is FF's problem in a nutshell.

They simply do not get it.

Arrogance prevents them from comprehending the vicious hatred that now exists toward them.

The hatred is for the party that brought devastation to our country.

People aren't in love with the remedy or those who administer it, but they will always differentiate between them and those who wrecked the economy and shredded the social fabric of this country.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy O View Post
The type of people involved in the current government are at a different end of the spectrumcompletely to the previous one in respect of ability ,decency ,respectability intelligence and patriotism.
Ability one or two.
Decency by and large.
Respectability not necessarily.
Intelligence one or two.
Patriotism - don't make me laugh.
Old 28-02-2012, 09:40 AM

Theres plenty of ability in the cabinet Corcaigh.
For the first time in more than a decade we are actually being governed as opposed to the government just sitting in a position of governance but not actually governing ..just wondering how to win the next election..... by any means even ruining the country....
Old 28-02-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Ability one or two.
Decency by and large.
Respectability not necessarily.
Intelligence one or two.
Patriotism - don't make me laugh.
Do you think they are actually unpatriotic or just not patriotic in the barstooler sense
Old 28-02-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyevitch View Post
The PDs were moderate now?
Compared to Sinn Fein, they were incredibly moderate.

They took the classic liberal approach, something that is now all but absent from Irish politics, but was pretty much the default political position by those grasping for power pre-crash.

McDowell was unusual, as he broke with the party's socially liberal approach, which I see as one of two things contributing to the downfall of the party, the other being Harney's love of FF. The party would have been far better to have dumped her. McDowell's approach was in direct contradiction to the very reason for founding the party, opposition to FF's social conservatism.

They most closely represent my biases, now there is no other party besides FG on the right (although they were socially leftist).

That's a vacuum that will be filled, and it's unlikely to be filled by a happy-happy rightist party.
Old 28-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelicecreamman View Post
He said we were headed for disaster if we continued to increase spending at phenomenal rates funded by transaction taxes that were clearly unsustainable.....
Did he? And you haven't provided a link to this speech because? (full text please)!
As opposition finance spokesman he attacked government finance policy. That was his job. Show me where he presented a better option and I'll give him credit.

Quote:
....Are you just wumming now or are you really that deluded breed of FFer that still just don't get it. If you are the latter, then it is you and your arrogant ilk that are driving the final nails into FFs coffin.
Quote:
Enjoy the Ard Fheis this weekend.
You have made these and other assumptions about my politics, but the truth is you don't know anything about me other than I am not prepared to accept the current government's mantra of "it's all their fault". It's not. If you insist on going down the blame game road, there is plenty to go around.

FF drove the bus therefore FF are primarily responsible! No argument! You misquote me with your "hapless bus driver" interpretation, and you add to the problem attacking me for not giving your party in government the kind of blind support that you appear to give them. Blind support for FF was probably as much to blame as anything else, and blindly following FG is every bit as dangerous.

Right now we are in a lousy economic and political situation. The only way out is the painful road that both this government and its predecessor have taken. If you want to blame FF for irresponsible government then you have to blame FG/Lab for obstructing them with reckless promises (e.g., Kenny on Roscommon Hospital, Quinn on Education) when FF finally saw the light.

If you want to blame FF for being incompetent, then you have to question the competence of the then opposition that couldn't unseat them. Ruairi Quinn's "get the bastards out" and Michael Noonan's "Alice in Bertieland" come to mind as less than compelling arguments for change.

In fact it is this kind of hatred and derision that is the most dangerous thing facing the country today;
Quote:
....Arrogance prevents them from comprehending the vicious hatred that now exists toward them.....The hatred is for the party that brought devastation to our country.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy O View Post
The type of people involved in the current government are at a different end of the spectrumcompletely to the previous one in respect of ability ,decency ,respectability intelligence and patriotism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2me View Post
the PDs were a bunch of cunts
Quote:
It seems the FF snakes in the grass still don't realise the fury that fuelled the kicking they got in GE 2011 came from the criminal, willful, incompetent and corrupt .... blah blah blah .
Last weekend's poll said 1 in 6 voters still support Fianna Fail, other scapegoats are Bankers, Developers, Builders, Regulators, Lawyers, and Public servants, all of whom can count wrongdoers among their rank. If you didn't hear it Shane Ross said on Morning Ireland last October that he would hang every Banker from the nearest lamppost (http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1025/morningireland.html). We have about 50,000 of them, and perhaps he'll progress down the list from there.

With a member of our national parliament openly calling for lynchings on state owned national radio, I think it is time we all reflected on our language!
Old 28-02-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Did he? And you haven't provided a link to this speech because? (full text please)!
As opposition finance spokesman he attacked government finance policy. That was his job. Show me where he presented a better option and I'll give him credit.

You have made these and other assumptions about my politics, but the truth is you don't know anything about me other than I am not prepared to accept the current government's mantra of "it's all their fault". It's not. If you insist on going down the blame game road, there is plenty to go around.

FF drove the bus therefore FF are primarily responsible! No argument! You misquote me with your "hapless bus driver" interpretation, and you add to the problem attacking me for not giving your party in government the kind of blind support that you appear to give them. Blind support for FF was probably as much to blame as anything else, and blindly following FG is every bit as dangerous.

Right now we are in a lousy economic and political situation. The only way out is the painful road that both this government and its predecessor have taken. If you want to blame FF for irresponsible government then you have to blame FG/Lab for obstructing them with reckless promises (e.g., Kenny on Roscommon Hospital, Quinn on Education) when FF finally saw the light.

If you want to blame FF for being incompetent, then you have to question the competence of the then opposition that couldn't unseat them. Ruairi Quinn's "get the bastards out" and Michael Noonan's "Alice in Bertieland" come to mind as less than compelling arguments for change.

In fact it is this kind of hatred and derision that is the most dangerous thing facing the country today;

Last weekend's poll said 1 in 6 voters still support Fianna Fail, other scapegoats are Bankers, Developers, Builders, Regulators, Lawyers, and Public servants, all of whom can count wrongdoers among their rank. If you didn't hear it Shane Ross said on Morning Ireland last October that he would hang every Banker from the nearest lamppost (http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1025/morningireland.html). We have about 50,000 of them, and perhaps he'll progress down the list from there.

With a member of our national parliament openly calling for lynchings on state owned national radio, I think it is time we all reflected on our language!
Top Post.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
The party is finished. Numerous regeneration proposals and initiatives have not been taken up by Mount St or the leader. The party is in serious debt such that it will find it hard to fight the locals in 18 months time. The proposals for reform at the Ard Fheis are tweaking the Corú agus Rialacha for the existing membership which as rebelice correctly says will never go above 18%. There is no apology. No leadership. No acknowledgement to the electorate of their opinion of the party. No new ideas, no core values, no policy platform. And that's just on the inside.

On the outside the electorate equate FF with a hatred never before seen in Irish politics. They are electorally untouchable......... ...the demographic which continues to vote for them is 40+ and would always vote FF.

I would add this though. While the country obviously has been massively let down by the party which has led the country for 75-80% of the state's history - genuinely, the membership of the cumainn and comhairlí Dáil up and down the country are livid with what the grandees at the top of the party and in Mount St have done. There is a genuine and real disconnect between the membership, now dwindling and the top of the party. While this is of little relevance to the other 82% of voters, if you are one of those people who have given their time and effort to FF (the ordinary member now, not the developer / Galway tent set) - you are pretty pissed off right now and that will be very evident at the Ard Fheis. This is why the membership is on the wain.

There are those within the party who believe they will be back in power after the next election. The level of delusion involved is scary.

To be clear, this post is intended to address the thread subject as a statement of reality - not to pass comment as to whether or not people should give a shit.
I'm always confused about this 32;

What do those ordinary FFers know about FF now that they didn't know in 2004 or 1994 for that matter.

Did they think it was appropriate that blank cheque bertie was CJH's right hand man. Did they think the constant pandering and throwing scraps to the electorate was sustainable strategy? Did they think the party was honest, or even competant?

The FFers are just pissed that they no longer being paid by the property pyramid scheme and the celtic tiger fraud. Are they just upset that the racehorses etc. are being repossessed?
Old 28-02-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:

Do you not remember them going on about rip off ireland for ages and banging on about diminished competitiveness and an over dependance on construction?

e.g. http://www.bublin.eu/ripoff/ripoff.php?id=41