tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Car importing - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Motors
User Name
Password

Old 07-03-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Car importing

looking around for a new car, and cant seem to get the ford mustang out of my mind. whats the story with importing cars into ireland, does anyone know, or has anyone done it before? charges, duty, what dealers can do it for me, etc?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Sparks View Post
looking around for a new car, and cant seem to get the ford mustang out of my mind. whats the story with importing cars into ireland, does anyone know, or has anyone done it before? charges, duty, what dealers can do it for me, etc?
A Mustang will almost certainly be left hand drive. You'll find plenty in America and some in England. If you're bringing one in from england then you have to pay VRT which is either 20,25 or 30% of the open market selling price... What year Mustang are you thinking of?

I can only imagine what the VRT is on them, they're not listed on the VRT website: https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showVRT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1966-Ford-Must...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-03-2007, 03:28 PM

cheers bob. im thinking of a 2000 up model. theres loads of sites that will import to the uk, but they only seem to give me the option of buying the gt tuned models and are only this years editions. also, theses all work out at about 25k sterling, which isnt exactly my price range either.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:29 PM

you'll have to pay deregistration legal and transport to the boat, boat costs VRT and VAT here i could give the names of lads that do if from japland whereby they cover ll cost to the boat in their side you just pay transport and VRT/VAT here
Old 08-03-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang_Sandwich View Post
you'll have to pay deregistration legal and transport to the boat, boat costs VRT and VAT here i could give the names of lads that do if from japland whereby they cover ll cost to the boat in their side you just pay transport and VRT/VAT here
yeah? but what types of cars can they get. i dont wanna end up with a viper now or so supercar that the insurance will cost more than the vehicle.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:38 PM

two on carzone 99 and a 04 http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/inde...TOKEN=36006120

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/inde...TOKEN=36006120
Old 03-07-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Sparks View Post
also you should look at sites from sweden and germany - loads of muscle cars there. buy cars cheap as chips in sweden - 17k for a new golf GTI what are they here 35k. - bring it back yourself - ferry to denmark and drive to frnace and ferry home. you will however have to pay VRT at the port entrance in ireland - and VAT
Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang_Sandwich View Post
also you should look at sites from sweden and germany - loads of muscle cars there. buy cars cheap as chips in sweden - 17k for a new golf GTI what are they here 35k. - bring it back yourself - ferry to denmark and drive to frnace and ferry home. you will however have to pay VRT at the port entrance in ireland - and VAT
If you're lucky, with decent amount of kit near 40k.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 AM

ive been lookig into this quite a bit over the last few months, to get an f150 truck.

best bet is to do all the legwork yourself and dont use an importer. youll save nother fw grand

here is a good link that give u everythin u need to know. better still if u know somone in US that can keep it in their name for 6 months to avoid vat etc

http://www.import-car.info/ - same for ireland
Old 21-09-2007, 11:07 PM

www.cargaint.co.uk
am i mad or what!!!