tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cul camps - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 31-05-2019, 06:45 AM

Default Cul camps

I'm hearing that child protection rules now mean only over 18s can help out at gaa cul camps,traditionally 16/17 year olds could do so but as they are under 18 cant be garda vetted. This will be a problem for clubs this summer.
Old 31-05-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
I'm hearing that child protection rules now mean only over 18s can help out at gaa cul camps,traditionally 16/17 year olds could do so but as they are under 18 cant be garda vetted. This will be a problem for clubs this summer.
Didn't hear that. I thought one they are over 16, have the foundation course done and obviously garda vetted they were good to go.

Is this a recent decision?
Old 31-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Senior PROC Member

Thanks Maria.
Old 31-05-2019, 08:23 AM

Garda vetting isn't the issue anyway I would say. From my understanding of the vetting act once someone under the age of 18 needs to be vetted it can be processed with the written consent of their parents/guardian.

An issue might arise whereby the individual may not have enough forms of ID to confirm identity. for example what 16 year old will have a Driver's licence utility bill etc. But there are ways around that also. Vetting definitely isn't the issue.

Possibly insurance moreso than vetting.
Old 31-05-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocides View Post
Didn't hear that. I thought one they are over 16, have the foundation course done and obviously garda vetted they were good to go.

Is this a recent decision?
I have heard from two different clubs that this is a recent decision,
Old 31-05-2019, 09:53 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
Garda vetting isn't the issue anyway I would say. From my understanding of the vetting act once someone under the age of 18 needs to be vetted it can be processed with the written consent of their parents/guardian.

An issue might arise whereby the individual may not have enough forms of ID to confirm identity. for example what 16 year old will have a Driver's licence utility bill etc. But there are ways around that also. Vetting definitely isn't the issue.

Possibly insurance moreso than vetting.
Most 16 year olds will have a passport.
Old 31-05-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one View Post
thanks maria.
😂
Old 31-05-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Most 16 year olds will have a passport.
You're right, most will. But not all. Which is why I said it may be an issue for some.
Passport is enough to hit 80 identification points, most organisations including the gaa require 100 identification points meaning under 18s need additional identification/proof of address.

Easily done for most kids but it's an issue for some including those that don't have a passport.