tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork Intermediate football 2019 - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-04-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORK1990 View Post
Mark Keane huge loss to Mitchelstown how did Sean Walsh play ? surprised they lost yesterday Cathal O Mahony is a good forward for them.
From what I hear Mitchelstown were not going well in training and a stag weekend in Spain last weekend didn't help.
Mark Keane was a huge loss, Dave Dineen has a broken bone and will be out for some time and generally I think the team may have one a little backwards.... but it is still very early.

I have reservation about Larry Tompkins as a coach as well.
Old 15-04-2019, 05:32 PM
PROC Member

Tom Kenny playing midfield for Grenagh what a man. Was minor in 99 so he must be 39.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:15 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paudie1986gaa View Post
Knocknagree looked very strong Saturday Mitchelstown dont look patch on the team that lost the final 2 years ago. Seem to play a blanket defence and depend on 2 or 3 forwards. Unusual tactics for a team that seemed to have a lethal forward line only 2 years ago. Still would have won only for 2 bad mistakes
Not for one second did it look like Mitchelstown would win that game. Aghabullogue were the Fitter, Faster and more skillful throughout. Conditions were the only thing that keep the score close.

Aghabullogue very much underrated this year after losing 1 player, They are Strong Favorites for me.

Knocknagree & Aghabullogue look the only two with a chance
Old 16-04-2019, 10:21 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Cork View Post
From what I hear Mitchelstown were not going well in training and a stag weekend in Spain last weekend didn't help.
Mark Keane was a huge loss, Dave Dineen has a broken bone and will be out for some time and generally I think the team may have one a little backwards.... but it is still very early.

I have reservation about Larry Tompkins as a coach as well.
Both teams had players missing/away/Injured.

A very weak excuss for a poor team, Prehaps the team going on a stag before championship shows misplaced arrogance or a lack of commitment ?
Old 16-04-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkGAA23 View Post
Both teams had players missing/away/Injured.

A very weak excuss for a poor team, Prehaps the team going on a stag before championship shows misplaced arrogance or a lack of commitment ?
I'm not sure what is wrong with Mitchelstown this year. They had 3 Cork under 20s last year and were comprehensively beaten by Charleville U21s this year in the North Cork championship. Mark Keane is a huge loss but he was too young for their Intermediates when they made the final two years ago so they can't say he is a detrimental loss to their chances of a county. I also heard Keane may or may not be back this summer from his 6 months trial period in Oz.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:45 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Cork Star View Post
I'm not sure what is wrong with Mitchelstown this year. They had 3 Cork under 20s last year and were comprehensively beaten by Charleville U21s this year in the North Cork championship. Mark Keane is a huge loss but he was too young for their Intermediates when they made the final two years ago so they can't say he is a detrimental loss to their chances of a county. I also heard Keane may or may not be back this summer from his 6 months trial period in Oz.
From what i saw on Sunday they may be having a quite Summer. Some decent teams lost this weekend.
Old 16-04-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
From what i saw on Sunday they may be having a quite Summer. Some decent teams lost this weekend.
I Think Mark Keane signed a two year contract .
Old 16-04-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Not at all. They’re not brilliant but they’re among the top teams at this grade. It’s never easy to fully focus a team that have been to the latter stages a few years in a row without success. They just need to survive into August and it’s likely they’ll come alive when things become knockout.

Aghabullogue have put a few good minor and U21 teams together in recent years and are coming to that age now where you reap the benefits at this level. If Mitchelstown only barely lose to them while playing poorly then it’s a sign that they’ll still be hard to beat.

If a team can implement a good defensive system against Knocknagree then they’ll have a great chance against them because they’re top heavy with forwards big time!
Old 16-04-2019, 10:09 PM
PROC Member

Interesting competition being ran by Duhallow board with all clubs junior intermediate and senior being thrown into the hat and play away. So a junior team like Cullen or Lyre or Boherbue could play a senior club like kiskeam or premier team like Newmarket. East Kerry board also do this with the O Donoghue cup. Should be an interesting tournament to keep an eye on.
Old 17-04-2019, 07:42 AM

Ducon Cup ! ?