tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The official Darts thread. - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Banned

Thumbs up The official Darts thread.

i think we need one. and here's some BIG news to kick it off. I can't wait for this.

--------------------------------
WORLD champion Adrian Lewis will take on big rival Phil Taylor in a battle of the Potteries powerhouses to kick off the new season of the McCoy's Premier League.

The hotly-anticipated clash will headline the opening night of the 2012 competition at the 21,000-capacity Manchester Arena on Thursday, February 9

Cross Heath ace Lewis, who turns 27 on Saturday, starts the tournament as second favourite behind Taylor, his one-time mentor and five-time champion.

The pair met on the opening night of last year's competition, when Lewis won 8-2, and although 15-time world champion Taylor gained revenge in the reverse fixture Birmingham, it was the youngster who took an 8-3 win in their semi-final clash.

Andy Hamilton, the 2012 World Championship runner-up, from Dresden, will make his Premier League bow against world number three James Wade, the 2009 champion.

The 44-year-old former publican is rated a 25/1 outsider to clinch the £150,000 crown at the first attempt.

PDC chairman Barry Hearn said: "With Gary Anderson defending his title, Lewis coming into the tournament as a two-time world champion and Taylor and Wade looking to win back the Premier League trophy, we're all hugely excited.

"The line-up features the biggest names in darts, with our in-form players and stars looking to join the elite group to have lifted this trophy."

The £450,000 15-week event sees eight stars competing across 14 league nights for places in May's play-offs at the O2 Arena in London.

The sold-out second league night, in Aberdeen, will feature a rematch of the classic 2004 World Championship final as Taylor meets Kevin Painter, while "Jackpot" Lewis meets Raymond van Barneveld and Hamilton, pictured below, faces Anderson.

There are also no tickets left for the week six meeting at Glasgow, where so much controversy was caused last season when Lewis took on Anderson in a match to the end the night.

The former Newcastle Community High School student was pelted with coins and beer during a white-knuckle contest with the home favourite last March, eventually shrugging off the intimidation to recover from 3-0 down to win 8-3.

This time around, Lewis will be on first, against Wade, while Hamilton will step up to the oche against "The Power" Taylor.

Lewis and Hamilton meet in a rematch of this month's World Championship final in week three at Belfast's Odyssey Arena, while Lewis takes on Anderson in a repeat of the 2011 Premier League showdown in week four in Exeter.

Taylor will end the normal league nights against Anderson in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, with "The Hammer" against Painter and Lewis versus Simon Whitlock.

The top four from the final table will then progress to the play-offs at the O2 on May 17, when semi-finals and final will determine the champion.

The bookies make 51-year-old Taylor the 13/8 favourite to cast off his World Championship disappointment and regain the title from Anderson.

Lewis is priced at 4/1, while Hamilton is a 25/1 outsider.
Old 19-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Banned

The games greatest ever player vs the reigning World champion.

oh what a night............... ..
Old 19-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned

HANKEY ACCEPTS PDC TOUR CARD

Two-time world champion Ted Hankey has accepted his offer of a tour card to join the PDC circuit.

The 'Count', along with the other semi-finalists from the recent Lakeside Championship, has been offered a two-year tour card and will move onto the PDC circuit with immediate effect.

The 43-year-old from Shropshire, who won the Lakeside Championship in 2000 and 2009, has played in the Grand Slam of Darts for the past three years but will now compete full-time alongside the likes of Phil Taylor, Adrian Lewis, James Wade and Raymond van Barneveld.

"It's an exciting time for me and I'm starting a new chapter in my career," said Hankey. "I had 15 great years with the BDO and I thank them - but it's time to move on now.

"This is a great opportunity for me and my family and one I'm really looking forward to. I can't wait to play in Benidorm next week."

While Hankey will make his debut in the two Players Championships in Benidorm on January 28 and 29, over 200 players - including Yorkshire's Dean Winstanley, the 2011 Lakeside Championship runner-up who impressed in the Grand Slam of Darts last November - will be bidding for the right to win tour cards at qualifying school this week.

The four-day event, being held from Thursday to Sunday at the Barnsley Metrodome, will see the players compete in four individual tournaments, with the four players on each day winning a tour card.

In addition, ranking points are given to the remaining players for their finishing position in each tournaments, where a further 24 tour cards will be handed out.

The top 64 from the PDC's Order of Merit following the recent Ladbrokes World Darts Championship, and the 2011 tour card winners plus PDC Unicorn Youth Tour stars Paul Barham, Reece Robinson and James Hubbard, all bypass qualifying school to compete on the PDC circuit this year.

The qualifying school entrants include two former Lakeside champions, Andy Fordham and Les Wallace, former world number one Peter Manley, 2001 World Grand Prix champion Alan Warriner-Little and 1996 World Matchplay champion Peter Evison.

A number of other experienced stars who have dropped out of the world's top 64, headed by Andy Jenkins, Matt Clark, Colin Monk and Mick McGowan, are also bidding to win Tour Cards alongside new faces who are emerging from the PDC Unicorn Youth Tour.

Event winners Adam Hunt and Ryan Harrington have entered as they seek to step up to senior level, while a clutch of top young Dutchman are headed by Dirk van Duijvenbode, Co Stompe Jnr and Gino Vos and join leading Welsh youngster Jamie Lewis at qualifying school.

Recent Ladbrokes World Darts Championship qualifiers Kurt van de Rijck and Geoff Kime are joined in entering by former World Masters runner-up Stuart Kellett and brothers Tony and Steve West, who recently played in the Lakeside Championship.

-----------------------------

hankey said no:LOL:
Old 22-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Banned

Thumbs up winstanley getshis card

WINSTANLEY BOOKS PDC SPOT

Former Lakeside World Championship semi-finalist Dean Winstanley has earned a tour card to play on the Professional Darts Corporation circuit.

Winstanley, who made the last four of the British Darts Organisation's Lakeside event in 2011, was one of four players to win a card at the PDC's qualifying school on Saturday.

The 30-year-old won five matches on day three of the q-school at the Barnsley Metrodome, his final victory - 6-1 over Matt Clark - earned him the tour card.

Winstanley, who had earlier seen off Simon Craven, Mareno Michels, Kevin Dowling and Dave Ladley, said: "I'm over the moon and I feel great.

"Anyone who said it was going to be easy to get a tour card can think again because this was very hard. Matt's a tough opponent so I'm delighted I got through the last game.

"I've made a bit of name for myself in the last couple of years but this is a new challenge now and I want to do well in the PDC. I'm not saying I'm going to win majors, but my aim is to get into the top 32 inside a year."

Adrian Gray, Andrew Gilding and Canadian Jeff Smith also booked their spots.

Gray kept his status as a full professional thanks to a 6-5 victory over Joe Murnan, which included two 180s in the deciding leg. He had lost his card after failing to finish in the world's top 64.

Gray, who famously knocked Phil Taylor out of the 2007 World Grand Prix, said: "I'd played well on Friday and in a way I expected to do well today, so it feels great.

"On the circuit it's hard when you're getting beaten every week and you question yourself, so to win through a field like this to get my tour card back, you know you've earned it.

"Maybe last year I took everything for granted with getting a tour card but this is a fresh start for me now."

Gilding overcame the disappoinment of his defeat in Friday's decisive matches to Kurt Van De Rijck by defeating John Scott 6-3, while Smith beat Ross Smith 6-2 in his winner-takes-all encounter.

The remaining players will return on Sunday where they will compete for the last four automatic tour cards. A further 24 places on offer for the leading players on the Q School Order of Merit based on ranking points picked up across the four days of play.

Those still seeking a card include former world number one Peter Manley, 1996 World Matchplay winner Peter Evison, former Lakeside champion Les Wallace, plus Andy Jenkins, Chris Mason and Mick McGowan.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Banned

ENGLAND CLAIM WORLD CUP GLORY

England duo Phil Taylor and Adrian Lewis teamed up to claim World Cup glory with victory over Australia in Sunday night's final in Hamburg.

The English pair appeared to be cruising to victory over Paul Nicholson and Simon Whitlock after racing 3-0 ahead with successive singles victories.

However, when Nicholson beat two-time reigning world champion Lewis and the Aussie duo claimed a 7-4 victory in the doubles, the title was to be decided by a sudden-death leg.

'The Power' got England the throw when he nailed the bull and, despite allowing the Aussies five darts at the match, Lewis was allowed to return to seal the win on double five.

Taylor gave England the perfect start to the final when he overcame Nicholson 7-4 in the opening rubber.

'The Asset' claimed an early advantage when he broke Taylor in the fifth leg, however the 15-time world champion responded in style with a 94 checkout to level at 3-3.

Both men traded legs to make it 4-4, however Taylor then pressed his foot on the accelerator and sealed the opening point for England on double 16.

Lewis then took on the in-form Whitlock in a match which took a similar pattern to the one which preceded it.

At 5-5 the match hung in the balance, but Lewis stepped up to produce a scintillating 161 checkout to edge ahead and a slick 72 checkout clinched victory.

Taylor then took on Whitlock and, despite missing 19 darts at doubles, 'The Power' still notched a 105.9 average to come out on top.

Whitlock took out double six to force a deciding leg, however Taylor blew 'The Wizard' away in 11 darts to clinch an entertaining 7-6 win and put England on the brink.

Nicholson kept Australia alive with an impressive 7-4 victory over Lewis, taking the match into the doubles rubber in the process.

The Aussies raced into a 3-0 lead, a deficit England never recovered from as Whitlock wrapped-up a 7-4 win with a sublime 124 finish on the bull.

That drew the scores level, meaning the title would be decided by a sudden-death leg.

Nicholson missed two darts at the match, as did Whitlock, and England somehow snatched victory from the jaws of defeat when Lewis hit double five.

Both teams had booked their place in the final with crushing 5-1 semi-final victories earlier in the day. England thrashed Wales while Australia overpowered Holland.

-----------------------
Premier league starting in a few weeks.

Proper darts PROPER PLAYERS.

When is the next televised BDO event btw?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

What a game of darts between the world champ and world number 1.

7-7 over 14 Legs with averages of 104 and ONE HUNDRED AND FUCKING TWELVE.

Only in the PDC.

Proper Darts Proper Players.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Thumbs up

Some match last night in fairness
Old 17-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Banned

Martin Adams to shed chicken suit.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/darts/33165295

Lets see how he mixes it with the big boys.
Old 17-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Banned

Wolfie will get eaten alive.
Old 17-06-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krull View Post
Wolfie will get eaten alive.
Wolfie will be like lambs to the slaughter