Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 12-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer jay View Post
unreal album. i used to think physical graffiti was my fav zep album, but i just keep going back to this one. every track was excellent.
still not too keen on the two willie dixon covers but i absolutely love dazed and confused, how many more times and communication breakdown

the live version of HMMT on the bbc sessions lp is fantastic, i still play it all the time

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/
Old 12-01-2007, 06:44 PM

no. i didint see him in the tent.i have the might rearanger album though.
i saw the 2 shows in the point 97,98 i think. outstanding.
in the first show they had an eygptian orchestra and some mad dude on a hurdy gurdy playing the backing to kashmir.

did you ever see the live version of achilees last stand preformed at knebworth? im sure it was the only time they done it live.
the drums.

god bless bonzo.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the trip View Post

god bless bonzo.

absolutely amazing drummer, almost always no. 1 in any polls of greatest rock drummer i've seen in various mags over the last 15-20 years, he's practically peerless in the genre

much as i love moon, trainor, fyfe, paice, etc bonzo tops them all

CMJ Print
Old 12-01-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
i have every zepplin album .al the box sets and have seen page n plant twice.
i even read the hammers of the gods.
in my expert ledzep opinion, their best, hardest, song was..........wait for it............... achilees last stand.{presence}
I have all of them either as a copy or the actual album except presence. Is achillies last stand something to do with Roberts crash in morocco before they recorded the album ? I have how the west was won as well. Dazed and confused is 25mins or there abouts long and its unreal.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANCE View Post
I have how the west was won as well. Dazed and confused is 25mins or there abouts long and its unreal.
the intro to whole lotta love on that is amazing, almost like a panzer revving up

CMJ Print
Old 12-01-2007, 07:00 PM

not directly, but it is reflective of their time on tax exile, which they spent a lot of in morocco. it is a song about just taking off.

"it was an april morning when you said we should go, and as i turned you smiled at me,how could i say no? "

aparently, achilees last stand and kashmir are both reflective of time spent wandering the deserts while visiting the odd opium den.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
the intro to whole lotta love on that is amazing, almost like a panzer revving up
That whole album is class. The songs sound so much better live. Moby dick is a song that shows off bonzos obvious skill so well. Tangerine is a good song as well. Gallows pole is good. Zeppelin 3 is a great album.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
not directly, but it is reflective of their time on tax exile, which they spent a lot of in morocco. it is a song about just taking off.

"it was an april morning when you said we should go, and as i turned you smiled at me,how could i say no? "

aparently, achilees last stand and kashmir are both reflective of time spent wandering the deserts while visiting the odd opium den.
But wasnt presence recorded after roberts crash in morroco ? I'm right in saying that aren't i ?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
no. i didint see him in the tent.i have the might rearanger album though.
i saw the 2 shows in the point 97,98 i think. outstanding.
in the first show they had an eygptian orchestra and some mad dude on a hurdy gurdy playing the backing to kashmir.

did you ever see the live version of achilees last stand preformed at knebworth? im sure it was the only time they done it live.
the drums.

god bless bonzo.
friend of mine was at one of the shows in the point, he just said it was brilliant. something like 2 1/2 hours long. haven't seen the live achilees last stand, where did ya see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic
absolutely amazing drummer, almost always no. 1 in any polls of greatest rock drummer i've seen in various mags over the last 15-20 years, he's practically peerless in the genre

much as i love moon, trainor, fyfe, paice, etc bonzo tops them all
spot on. bonzo was/is a major influence on my own drumming style.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Album A No, But Plant's Honeydrippers To Play Show

Robert Plant

January 12, 2007, 3:10 PM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
The death of Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun in December put the kabosh on a new Honeydrippers album Robert Plant planned to record this year.

Plant tells Billboard.com that he and Ertegun began talking about the project -- a follow-up to the platinum 1984 EP "Volume One," which featured Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Nile Rodgers, among others -- after Plant was part of a tribute to Ertegun last June at the 40th Annual Montreux Jazz Festival.

"We agreed to carry on and create a Honeydrippers thing a little bit later on in 2007," says Plant. "He was suggesting material and stuff like that. I knew he was thrilled with the idea of it, and so was I."

But Plant decided there was no reason to continue the project without Ertegun's involvement. "I would only do it because I wanted the whole rapport with him and his history," Plant says. "I had an idea of doing 'Stay Alive' by the Clovers, which is on the flip of 'Love Potion No. 9,' and then he could tell me some more stories about Bobby Darrin. That's what would have made it worthwhile."

However, Plant is resurrecting the original lineup of the Honeydrippers -- which included guitarist Robbie Blunt, who played on Plant's first three solo albums -- for a "one-off" Valentine's Day charity gig in Dudley, England, to raise money to pay for brain cancer treatments for a mutual friend, Jackie Jennings.

Beyond that, the former Led Zeppelin frontman's plate is full with a couple of recording projects. He recently did some writing in Wales with his band, Strange Sensation, but he's also been spending time in the U.S. recording an album with Alison Krauss and T-Bone Burnett.

"It's amazing. It's otherworldly," Plant says of the latter, which also includes guitarist Marc Ribot. "I don't really know how to describe it. I don't think I've heard anything like it before. It's just very unique and very strong and very emotive. You'll be incredibly surprised when you hear it."

Plant would not predict when either project will be released but did say that "it obviously is not gonna be very long. It won't be too far away at all."

CMJ Print