tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Electric Picnic 06 - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 02-02-2006, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piouspig
will BASS be making an appearance at EP 06 in any way, shape or form?

We may do the carpark again this year, its quite alot of hassel, and money, though. We have to first of all get our powered mids fixed, get a proper van to fit everything in (Last year we couldnt fit one of our subs and one 350 watt speaker). We want to bring a stage this year if we are doing it, we have bought a small lighting rig too.

I spent around €250 of my own money doing it last year, the only person to make cash all weekend was Cal. The bastard had jello shots which Lemonjelly gave a shout out about when they were playing. It went something like ''Big up the bass soundsystem for last night, now buy cals jello shots''.

Myself and Drew were stuck with many crates of disgusting lidll beer.

We would love to have a shot at the old bodytonic tent this year, (Hint, Hint Bodytonic!) but the car park will do. We might even have a celebrity guest if we know any of the acts on the bill.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudgun
We may do the carpark again this year, its quite alot of hassel, and money, though. We have to first of all get our powered mids fixed, get a proper van to fit everything in (Last year we couldnt fit one of our subs and one 350 watt speaker). We want to bring a stage this year if we are doing it, we have bought a small lighting rig too.

I spent around €250 of my own money doing it last year, the only person to make cash all weekend was Cal. The bastard had jello shots which Lemonjelly gave a shout out about when they were playing. It went something like ''Big up the bass soundsystem for last night, now buy cals jello shots''.

We would love to have a shot at the old bodytonic tent this year, (Hint, Hint Bodytonic!) but the car park will do. We might even have a celebrity guest if we know any of the acts on the bill.

that would be class!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:

ha ha, yeah i remember the jello shots now! i remember bumping into Daraa at some stage, and he was carrying a crate or two of em. I seem to remember he let me try one or two. I was fairly off me beak at the time tho.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaItalianFein
I wander why ya marketing geniuses!

Sure punters can chip in if the whole venture goes legs up. I wouldn't mind parting with a few quids to dance all night, expecially if I's off me lidl trolley.
You and about 2 others.

No we may bring a spirits bar next year, like they do at sonar. Only to to that we need a bar keep. Wanna be our bar keep?

No free drinks to attractive ladies though, Italians, ye are all the same!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:54 PM

Just hijack the bacardi bar, hold stevie hostage. He'll play along.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:59 PM

Quote:

Selling that jelly was hard work, but good fun, they will be back this year for sure, with more alcoholic flavours and colourings. In fact i still have hundreds of shot containers and red trays in my cupboard.

In fairness you duidn't try too hard to sell the beer!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 PM

I was busy project managing at the time.

The Bass soundystem is a complicated network of wires, alochol, speakers, DJ's and fine looking ladies. All have to be taken care of and i have to be there at all times.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:19 PM

I would absolutly love to see Jurassic 5 again, they where absolutly outstanding at ep1, maybe this time around they could get A Tribe Called Quest or the Pharcyde, Del La Soul rocked the place last year aswell!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tall Keith~
I would absolutly love to see Jurassic 5 again, they where absolutly outstanding at ep1, maybe this time around they could get A Tribe Called Quest or the Pharcyde, Del La Soul rocked the place last year aswell!
You liked De La Soul? Didn't think much meself. Although I only stayed for the first song. The DJ pissed me off. I love De La Soul but he wrecked my head that day. Just came on and played Tribe Called Quest for 15 mins. Then one of the lads came on and shouted his way through some tune (can't remember which 1)from 3 feet high and rising. I wandered off.

A Tribe Called Quest would be savage. Best hip hop group ever. They've broken up though haven't they?
Old 02-02-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Pigeons
A Tribe Called Quest would be savage. Best hip hop group ever. They've broken up though haven't they?

They woul be unreal live alright, they released an album about a year and a half ago i think, so it would be news to me if they were!

I caught the last half of del la soul some buz in the crowd, loving it, i was emersed! bearing in mind that that was sunday night!

Listened to Jurassic 5`s power in numbers last night and it brought back memories of the quality show they put on! definitly one of the best gigs iv ever been at! Bring them back bring them back i say!