tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Either/or answers that reveal a lot about a person - Page 22 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 16-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Was at it.

2000 or 2001 I think.

Super gig.
Yeah, he played a couple of Smiths songs as I recall.
__________________
Quote:
The light that shines to pull the good people of Ireland through this crisis
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 16-05-2020, 07:14 PM
One One is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 27,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Yeah, he played a couple of Smiths songs as I recall.
Looked it up.

Nov 99.

You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side
The Boy Racer
November Spawned a Monster
Alma Matters
Tomorrow
Is It Really So Strange?
Hairdresser on Fire
Break Up the Family
Speedway
Roy's Keen
Trouble Loves Me
The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils ...


Saw him in the Marquee and the Savoy. Wasnt half as good.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 16-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Looked it up.

Nov 99.

You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side
The Boy Racer
November Spawned a Monster
Alma Matters
Tomorrow
Is It Really So Strange?
Hairdresser on Fire
Break Up the Family
Speedway
Roy's Keen
Trouble Loves Me
The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils ...


Saw him in the Marquee and the Savoy. Wasnt half as good.


That's it, I didn't realise it was so long ago, he finished with two Smiths songs. I saw him at the Marquee aswell.
__________________
Quote:
The light that shines to pull the good people of Ireland through this crisis
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 16-05-2020, 08:05 PM
One One is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 27,407
Default

Good find.

I remember he threw on an Ireland away jersey for Roy's Keen(crap song).
I nearly got it when he threw it into the crowd.
Lol, glory days.


There was a problem with the aircon at the gig in the Savoy , my memory of that show is my socks being drenched in sweat.
__________________
King of the PROC™
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 16-05-2020, 08:11 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Good find.

I remember he threw on an Ireland away jersey for Roy's Keen(crap song).
I nearly got it when he threw it into the crowd.
Lol, glory days.


There was a problem with the aircon at the gig in the Savoy , my memory of that show is my socks being drenched in sweat.
His albums had taken a turn for the worse by that time but he was still able to put on a show. I just remember being blown away by "Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me." at the end.
__________________
Quote:
The light that shines to pull the good people of Ireland through this crisis
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 19-05-2020, 04:32 PM
One One is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 27,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
His albums had taken a turn for the worse by that time but he was still able to put on a show. I just remember being blown away by "Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me." at the end.
Yeah from Southpaw grammar on it could be best described as patchy.

Had a listen to a Morrissey playlist in the car. Some terrific songs.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 20-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Ned the Head Ned the Head is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 390
Default

I always like to think of Common People as a pop allegory for the Jesus story.

SNAP!

https://critic-cal.blogspot.com/2015...on-people.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.