Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Senior PROC Member

In England killing foxes make one feel like a big man.

Skip to 3.30, Borat pwns the hunting tan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
awww you're a sweetie *hugs*
Old 30-12-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohatmogeansai View Post
A pack of hounds chased a fox into a housing estate in Macroom yesterday and ripped the fox apart in someone's back garden in front of a young family. Kids and adults totally traumatised.

Savages. This is totally outrageous and extremely dangerous.
Really, have you a link? Cause like 999/1000 times they catch nawtin as they can be heard coming for miles like. There is a reason why this is how you would not go hunting if you needed to for food.
Old 30-12-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang_Sandwich View Post
Really, have you a link? Cause like 999/1000 times they catch nawtin as they can be heard coming for miles like. There is a reason why this is how you would not go hunting if you needed to for food.
https://www.facebook.com/11776407156...type=3&theater

Posted on Facebook by the Cork Dog Action Welfare Group.
Old 30-12-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post

Agreed Róisín.
I think that it's regarded as a "tradition" rather than a sport tbh.
Traditions can be forced to "die" though and it's about time this happened to fox-hunting.
It's superiority over tradition,it's a class thing,"you can't come over my fence but I can ride roughshod over you and your fences anytime" mentality,
A cursory look at the history of these huntsshow their intertwined history with the British Army and the easy manner in which the "hunt" morphed into yeomanry and militia whit a mere change of jacket,
The packs were typically under the control of which ever unit of hussars were stationed in a given area(not just foxes you see)
The hunt stood for a thinly veiled reminder to Catholic,Protestant and dissenter alike of the supremacy of the ruling classes and their lackeys in a time of severe agrarian strife and the people who hunt today are actually continuing that tradition,im better than you and an almost homegrown "croppy lie down " modern manifestation in munster,
In terms of looking back in history these days these guys should be vied in the same way as "the clan" "the confederate flag" etc ,and don't tell me they don't know this as they can trace the bloodlines of the horses and the owners/breeders all the way back to the red coat criminals that spawned them,it stands for inequality and keeping people down,funny that inequality is increasing exponentially again.for me these people are not people I would have a pint with putting it very mildly,blood the child-prepare him for his god given place trampling peasants,
And then there is the matter of the poor fox
Old 30-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikari warrior View Post
It's superiority over tradition,it's a class thing,"you can't come over my fence but I can ride roughshod over you and your fences anytime" mentality,
A cursory look at the history of these huntsshow their intertwined history with the British Army and the easy manner in which the "hunt" morphed into yeomanry and militia whit a mere change of jacket,
The packs were typically under the control of which ever unit of hussars were stationed in a given area(not just foxes you see)
The hunt stood for a thinly veiled reminder to Catholic,Protestant and dissenter alike of the supremacy of the ruling classes and their lackeys in a time of severe agrarian strife and the people who hunt today are actually continuing that tradition,im better than you and an almost homegrown "croppy lie down " modern manifestation in munster,
In terms of looking back in history these days these guys should be vied in the same way as "the clan" "the confederate flag" etc ,and don't tell me they don't know this as they can trace the bloodlines of the horses and the owners/breeders all the way back to the red coat criminals that spawned them,it stands for inequality and keeping people down,funny that inequality is increasing exponentially again.for me these people are not people I would have a pint with putting it very mildly,blood the child-prepare him for his god given place trampling peasants,
Top post B man, the red coast is the giveaway, who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to ride around on horse back in Ireland with a bunch of hounds hunting foxes wearing red coats?

Red coats, that who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
awww you're a sweetie *hugs*
Old 30-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Excellent post.
Old 30-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Old 30-12-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
😀,all true kid.
Old 30-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
😀,all true kid.
Not any hunt I was ever at, kid
Old 02-01-2018, 10:01 AM

Macroom woman whose garden was invaded by hounds to kill the fox on peeeeeejay now.