Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-01-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcork View Post
Could you envisage the orange order carrying rainbow flags in a couple of generations time and loving all of humanity?

I can't.
It is just 6 more colours on a "fleg" and at this pace probably in about 263 years.

An asteroid has a bigger chance of a direct hit on Ballymena and wiping out the entire place in a "win-win" scenario for all.
Old 17-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
It will take another generation to de-toxify Sinn Fein of the "Brits out" and "wrap the flag around me" hard-line crackpots. These people have to be brought along for the sake of peace and the glorification of violence and the singing of a few rebel songs will just have to be tolerated by these semi-ignorant knuckle draggers. This is always a problem with nationalist movements where you have extremes of opinion from the downright ignorant (Munt_y) to the sensible (C32)

Munt_y is simply a grotesque caricature from the 1970's that SF are actively trying to quietly get rid of (not in the usual way I hope)

Tom Barry said pretty much the same decades ago...along with many other considered thought(s).

https://youtu.be/GvI-DQ5hEDE
Old 17-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
Tom Barry said pretty much the same decades ago...along with many other considered thought(s).

https://youtu.be/GvI-DQ5hEDE
Tom is my hero but he had that wrong. He believed that it was a matter of religion but it never was that simple. The Brits loved to propagate that theory to justify their troops remaining on the island. Loyalism was created by Britain by using the majority religion to keep their bloodsoaked hands on this land.
Old 17-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muintir View Post
Tom is my hero but he had that wrong. He believed that it was a matter of religion but it never was that simple. .
Shur it wasn't when you had SF/IRA killing Catholics and Protestants
Old 17-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muintir View Post
Tom is my hero but he had that wrong. He believed that it was a matter of religion but it never was that simple. The Brits loved to propagate that theory to justify their troops remaining on the island. Loyalism was created by Britain by using the majority religion to keep their bloodsoaked hands on this land.
...Munty I have no mind to undermine or ever trying to correct you but Religion is and does play an enormous part in political debate, persuasion and discussion in Ireland and beyond...they don't need even to believe the God just that they support the same people...as if piss poor Catholic and piss poor Protestants were different.

...cannot refrain from again telling this anecdotal yarn regarding Queen Victoria (the vile bitch)and Lord Gladstone who interested me because his mothers people came from same barren landscape as my own.

He decided to tell her that he was given to offer the poor people of a certain class the right to vote(but not the women!!)...She was horrified and scolded him..." we cannot give them the vote Gladstone!! they are too stupid to vote!!"...quietly as was his way he responded..." Of course Madam we shall give them the vote...and then we shall tell them whom to vote for"...and have been doing so ever since...
Old 17-01-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Shur it wasn't when you had SF/IRA killing Catholics and Protestants
A subject is never complete without your inane comments..did ya get that 'oul job yet?
Old 18-01-2018, 09:42 AM

Thomas gould says due to various commitments he will not seek a nomination
to stand in the next general election, will SF go with JOB alone or parachute
some body in?
Old 18-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Thomas gould says due to various commitments he will not seek a nomination
to stand in the next general election, will SF go with JOB alone or parachute
some body in?
Nugent?
Old 18-01-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Nugent?
Surely micks record would be a barrier to that?
Old 18-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Surely micks record would be a barrier to that?
What he do? What that the flag from the navy ship thing with Golly or something else?