Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 29-12-2017, 07:00 PM

A foreign secret service does not wish to attain power here in the Dail

Do you believe a trusted well connected and respected priest or a proven untrustworthy liar like Adams?
Old 29-12-2017, 07:10 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Say what you like about today's revelations but it says a lot that the focus is not on the fact that the secret service of a foreign country engaged loyalist paramilitaries to kill an Irish Taoiseach ,irrespective of your views of that Taoiseach, but rather on a rumour Fr. Denis Faul passed on.
This is a thread about Gerry Adams though. So it's not saying a lot really that people would discuss Gerry Adams, in a thread about Gerry Adams.
Old 29-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
A foreign secret service does not wish to attain power here in the Dail

Do you believe a trusted well connected and respected priest or a proven untrustworthy liar like Adams?
I wasn't commenting on whether Fr Faul was trustworthy or not. I was commenting that the focus was on that rumour instead of the Haughey assassination plot.

Taking CB's point, maybe the Haughey assassination plot should be in its own thread.

Imagine the international outcry if it was revealed that MI5 had engaged a paramilitary group to assassinate ANY other EU leader though? Except here where we are afraid of our shit to be critical of British policy in Ireland.
Old 29-12-2017, 07:38 PM

This is the Gerry Adams thread though.

Any other party leaders in the Dail colluding with a secret security service of a foreign power to get 8 of their colleagues murdered?

Gerry Adams could be the first man on the moon and both yourself and Gerry Adams would deny it and even then blame their space program and decry all the other missions to the moon.

Your hero got his comrades murdered for political expediency in a plot worthy of Game of Thrones
Old 29-12-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:

Any other party leaders in the Dail colluding with a secret security service of a foreign power to get 8 of their colleagues murdered?

Gerry Adams could be the first man on the moon and both yourself and Gerry Adams would deny it and even then blame their space program and decry all the other missions to the moon.

Your hero got his comrades murdered for political expediency in a plot worthy of Game of Thrones
Read The Secret History Of The IRA by Ed Maloney. A real eye opener
Old 29-12-2017, 08:03 PM

Was there anyone in sinnfein/IRA not an informer?
Old 29-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

I think you'll find I am always extremely critical of Adams and he is not my hero. It reinforces my original point that your response went there though.
Old 29-12-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
I think you'll find I am always extremely critical of Adams.
In the case of collusion with MI5/SAS and the actual assasination of his colleagues simply not a word
Old 29-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Senior PROC Member

From me?
This came out today.
I just joined the thread for today a while ago.
If it is true, as I have said before all murder is wrong and he needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
That clear enough?
Old 29-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Senior PROC Member

Speaking of silence , how many countries do you think would be so casual about state papers showing a foreign government actively trying to assassinate their premier?