tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
" Unicef "on Barca shirts.... - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-03-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
they have changed drastically allready. people calling for coach to be sacked, the havent won away in the league since november, eto and ronaldinho look disintrested in the club and each other, they are out of the european cup, looking dodgey in the league and last time i read up on them the finances werent too hectic. They have some good young players but some important ones are in the older catorgery.
Yah, because nothing like this has ever happened before.

You could be right on this. But then even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day...
Old 07-03-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho chi feen View Post
Yah, because nothing like this has ever happened before. You could be right on this. But then even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day...
it made no sense to do what they done. if the wanted to donate to charity do.
if they wanted to highlight it they could have done other ways. its fuckin barca.
but know they chose to put a branding on the front of the shirt.

clever. very clever.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
if they wanted to highlight it they could have done other ways. its fuckin barca.

clever. very clever.
Indeed,

Barca were in dire straits five years ago, and money ain't for nothing and the kicks for free was staring them in the face. they had to get a sponsor.

They were losing out big time to the galacticos, ...Laporta, Kijkaard, and Dinho turned things around. However in a few seasons when they are looking for cash, they will say there is already a precedent for having a name on the shirt and most supporters won't give be two fussed once it leads to improvements on the pitch.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvis View Post
Indeed,

Barca were in dire straits five years ago, and money ain't for nothing and the kicks for free was staring them in the face. they had to get a sponsor.

They were losing out big time to the galacticos, ...Laporta, Kijkaard, and Dinho turned things around. However in a few seasons when they are looking for cash, they will say there is already a precedent for having a name on the shirt and most supporters won't give be two fussed once it leads to improvements on the pitch.
cleverist business move ever.
bar chelseas plan to project them into a top top club.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
cleverist business move ever.
bar chelseas plan to project them into a top top club.
are you sure????

hehehehe
Old 07-03-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
It did really, though, if you have in inkling of how their mindset works. Catalans (and Barcelona) have this powerful craving to be admired, which they hide behind the most insufferable superiority complex. Putting UNICEF on their shirt without accepting a dime gives them another chance to parade around and go 'See? Look how great WE are!', as if to say they inhabit some sort of higher moral plain to the everyone else (and someone else, in particular). If it rubs a few people in Madrid up the wrong way (and it has), all the better.

Same with their new Catalan constitution last year. For all the fine words, all it really amounted to was sticking an index finger up at the rest of Spain- message received loud and clear that time too.