Password

Old 15-09-2005, 07:02 PM

terrible game....no consistancy in play except the constant shit
VR played shit aswell...but i expected more of of utd
Old 15-09-2005, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer Dan
stop fucking whining.

A point with ten men in their most difficult tie of the group stages?
How Bad.
And away, I might add.
Old 15-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Banned

Dont benfica have that eusebio lad playing for them?
Old 15-09-2005, 08:49 PM

what concerns me is the last two performances, created very little and not very imaginative. The midfield is shocking especially for a team supposed to be challenging for trophies, fletcher and smith wouldn't even get into the pool team!!!

I can't believe fergie believes that smith is a next roy keane i'd say he has no money to spend cos the glazers are full of shit & spin and has to make do with what he has.
Old 16-09-2005, 12:18 AM

The last 2 games lacked a lot of imagination. Against Villarreal O'Shea gave the ball away countless of time.

I really don't know what the solution is, hopefully as time goes on they will gel and the goals will start to flow. I'm expecting Giggs to get really annoyed at not playing and thus produce some good performances when he does eventually start

Pity we can't get Forlan on load for the pool game :-0
Old 16-09-2005, 12:34 AM

Fletcher's a game lad but not champions league ,or manchester united quality. smith isn't good enough at champions league level to play midfield. John o'sheas got the same problem and can't concentrate. Rooneys being played out of position. He can do an ok job creating moves from deep, but he's best used powering past defenders and scoring goals.

I also hate Ruud Van Nistelrooy with a passion
Old 16-09-2005, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Spanker
Fletcher's a game lad but not champions league ,or manchester united quality. smith isn't good enough at champions league level to play midfield. John o'sheas got the same problem and can't concentrate. Rooneys being played out of position. He can do an ok job creating moves from deep, but he's best used powering past defenders and scoring goals.
word of advice, don't believe everything that twat dunphy says. he absolved rooney from blame again because he was being played out of position, for fucks sake people its not newcastle. he has a job to do for the team, and he was actually doing well. if rooney stayed on they could have won the game.

p.s. Rio was shit again, was caught out of position numerous times, not picked up on by the commetators. and why does he come up for corners??
Old 16-09-2005, 09:29 AM

In fairness, got to agree with the point Dunphy and Giles made about the lack of leadership as well. You can have leaders by example, such as Lampard or Gerrard, or leaders in the truer sense of cajoling captains like Keane and Bruce. At the moment, United have a lack of both in the critical midfield and central defensive positions. I don't particularly rate a lot of the Chelsea team but they're mentally and physically much stronger than United in the form of Gallas, Terry, Carvalho, Makelele and Lampard. In contrast, Utd have a lot of quiet, nice lads like Scholes, O'Shea, Fletcher and Silvestre down the middle of the team at times and the only real leaders are Heinze, Neville, VDS, Keane and Rooney - three of whom are out injured at the moment.

We've a few great prospects coming through on the edges of the first team such as David Jones, Gerard Pique, Bardsley (a tough bastard), Rossi, Ebanks-Blake, McShane and further down Lee Martin, Darron Gibson and Ritchie Jones (the latter two in particular are meant to be bruising centre mids with talent). I also quite fancy that Kieran Richardson is going to surprise a lot of us. He's an arrogant fucker which, so long as he puts in the workrate, is a great asset in a player. That goal against Debrecen away is still the highlight of our season so far for me and had a confidence and an incisiveness which is sorely lacking from some others in the team at the moment.
Old 16-09-2005, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolaKubes
, Gerard Pique
Better than Owen I'd say...
Old 16-09-2005, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound
Better than Owen I'd say...
??