tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
United last night... - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-09-2005, 12:46 PM

I thought United played okay last night they've played worse against teams of similar standard if not worse over the years. If Rooney hadn't have been sent off I think they'd have won the game. Bit worried for Sunday though with Keane, Heinze, G Neville, Brown all out, O Shea and Richardson wouldn't fill me with confidence in the full back positions. Its a pity that Spector is out on loan, I was very impressed with him in the 3 games he played last season at left back and I've seen him on the reserves on MUTV and i think hes a very good prosepect for the future(I think he'll be a better bet than O Shea for instance in the long run)
Old 15-09-2005, 12:57 PM

as a united fan i was happy with the result last night i would have taken 0-0 at the start of the night
Old 15-09-2005, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil
O Shea and Richardson wouldn't fill me with confidence in the full back positions.
fortune at left-back, well able
Old 15-09-2005, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exileonpatrickstreet
fortune at left-back, well able
I think hes still injured. Fortune as a left back doesn't fill me with that much confidence either, he can do a decent job in midfield but as a full back his positional play can leave a lot to be desired.
Old 15-09-2005, 01:29 PM

the result was ok. but the circumstances werent.

our right side last night was horrible. john o shea and darren fletcher just arent good enough.
now i've stood up for Dazza before, but over the past few weeks i've had a change of heart. yes he is good on the ball, largely reliable and does a job. but its just a job he's doing. he doesnt provide anything to the creative side of the squad, and doesnt look like breaking out of this 'safe player' mode. he does a job in the united midifeld, but he'd do the same job to the same effect in charltons midfield for example...
he isnt good enough for a champions league team.
neither is john o shea. he was horrible last night, and has been for a long time. i'd have preferred reserve player Phil Bardsley instead of him at right back, who was on the bench last night.

until we grab a couple of players off the market who can find that incisive pass or bit of magic, we wont progress that far. or else slot Rossi in, or bring back Dong Fangzhou...

i'll put it this way, i wasnt surprised by the result and nature of it last night when i saw the team sheet before kickoff.

100% of men don't care.
Old 15-09-2005, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo Feen
the result was ok. but the circumstances werent.

our right side last night was horrible. john o shea and darren fletcher just arent good enough.
now i've stood up for Dazza before, but over the past few weeks i've had a change of heart. yes he is good on the ball, largely reliable and does a job. but its just a job he's doing. he doesnt provide anything to the creative side of the squad, and doesnt look like breaking out of this 'safe player' mode. he does a job in the united midifeld, but he'd do the same job to the same effect in charltons midfield for example...
he isnt good enough for a champions league team.
neither is john o shea. he was horrible last night, and has been for a long time. i'd have preferred reserve player Phil Bardsley instead of him at right back, who was on the bench last night.

until we grab a couple of players off the market who can find that incisive pass or bit of magic, we wont progress that far. or else slot Rossi in, or bring back Dong Fangzhou...

i'll put it this way, i wasnt surprised by the result and nature of it last night when i saw the team sheet before kickoff.
I think O'Shea has had a great start to the season.
Old 15-09-2005, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynott
Giggs is a good option as one of the front three because he instinctively goes wide. He needs to improve his crossing this year though.
He hasn't in the last 10 years, I wouldn't hold out much hope there.
Old 15-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Richardson was good last night I thought, in terms of his enthusiasm especially - he had the "urgency" we hear about all the time and was not nervous about getting stuck in.

If he was to be faulted then maybe thats it - he was getting involved on occasion when he didnt need to be - going for a tackle thats already covered by someone else (like ferdinand when the card was issued) and once or twice more in a couple of areas on the pitch when he should perhaps have been taking care of his own role. However I saw Smith doing that plenty too. I worry about that guy - I think his attitude is still adrift from his team mates.

Giles and Dunphy had it right on the leadership thing - UTD lacked one last night without Keane - giving Smith the licence to be his own boss on the team to utd's detriment.

2 Points dropped and the sending off is irrelevant in that context.
Old 15-09-2005, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernerd
2 Points dropped and the sending off is irrelevant in that context.
Not at all. I'd have taken a draw out of this one beforehand. Top team, with a frightening home record. Not a bad result with ten men by any stretch.

I don't rate any of the other sides in the group.
Old 15-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

stop fucking whining.

A point with ten men in their most difficult tie of the group stages?
How Bad.