tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Hurling Thread - Page 1843 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-10-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
Best of luck to Brick Walsh in his retirement from inter county game. Fine player.
Noel Connors and M Shanahan dropped from panel too.

Think Cahill will struggle to replace these guys. Brick Walsh always likely to go but thought there'd be another year or two in Connors - poor enough this year by his standards but not sure if they have anyone better to step up. Don't think Waterford in position to be dropping 3 time All stars!
Shanahan consistently inconsistent but thought he too would be given a chance by new regime.
Cahill must have found a nest of hurlers in Waterford that the previous managers were not aware of.

The dropping of Shanahan and Connors is seriously strange unless there are other issues at play.
Old 15-10-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Cork View Post
Cahill must have found a nest of hurlers in Waterford that the previous managers were not aware of.

The dropping of Shanahan and Connors is seriously strange unless there are other issues at play.
Yeah - Connors especially was by all accounts very committed and reliable member of the squad.
Old 15-10-2019, 12:41 PM

Cahill laying down a marker. Unlike last year there will be only one sheriff in town this year.
Old 15-10-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvhurling View Post
Cahill laying down a marker. Unlike last year there will be only one sheriff in town this year.
There may be one sheriff but he will be overseeing a town with a very small population.
De Burca will be missing through injury, Michael Walsh retired and both Connors and Shanahan dropped.
That sounds a lot from what was a limited squad at best.
Old 15-10-2019, 03:29 PM
PROC Member

Very surprised with Connors who is still one of the top man markers in the country despite not having his best year last year . Shanahan has been in and out of the team for the past 2-3 years so not a massive surprise .
Old 15-10-2019, 03:30 PM

I’d imagine a fair few panelist’s who weren’t regular starters will get the chop too

I’d say Connors is going as he is meant to be a big Derek McGrath man and despite last years management making him captain he was troublesome enough within the panel always referring back to the way Derek did things. I’d think Cahill is really trying to move things on from the McGrath era
Old 16-10-2019, 09:23 AM

An old article I came across about the hurley repair service in Cork prison. People may have already seen it but interesting I thought

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.iris...096%3fmode=amp
Old 16-10-2019, 10:11 AM

Id say cahill will have his hands full with Austin gleeson
Old 23-10-2019, 08:03 PM

looks like Brian Lohan is to only nominee for the Clare job, still nobody appointed in Galway
Old 23-10-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Id say cahill will have his hands full with Austin gleeson
I'll say. 🙄