tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Scholes finishes career in disgrace - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Maybe he wanted to be sent off so that he would miss games like Iniesta , that most brilliant , intelligent , honest , down to earth of all the footballers on the planet , nay the Universe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13126928.stm
Old 19-04-2011, 04:22 PM

Strangely enough, as a City fan - and he has inflicted some damage on City over the years - I have never really had a problem with Scholes for some reason. Well except for his tackling which is ridiculously bad for a player so good. He has been a tremendous pro and one of the best English midfielders of his generation - could have been the best if the boy learned to time his tackles a little better...

Still though, that "tackle" on Zabaleta was bad and he knew it too. But guaranteed, he will get a run out before the season's end. As United have pretty much won the Prem already, he will be on the pitch probably for the last game (with instructions not to tackle...).

If it was his last appearance, then it is pretty sad but good luck to him. As a City fan, I won't miss him but as a football fan, he will be missed.

Now if only Giggsy-Wiggsy would go and retire...well OK I don't have much of a problem with him either. (The rest of them though can go fuck themselves... )
Old 19-04-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
Maybe he wanted to be sent off so that he would miss games like Iniesta , that most brilliant , intelligent , honest , down to earth of all the footballers on the planet , nay the Universe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13126928.stm
Yeah bumslapper

Take that and party. 1994

"I am sure some people think that I have not got the brains to be that clever, but I do have the brains," Beckham said in an interview published yesterday. "I could feel the injury. So I fouled Thatcher. It was deliberate. I knew straight away I had broken my ribs. I have done it before. I knew I will be out for a few weeks, so I thought: 'Let's get the yellow card out of the way'."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...ng-543605.html
CTID
Old 19-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRebel View Post
Strangely enough, as a City fan - and he has inflicted some damage on City over the years - I have never really had a problem with Scholes for some reason. Well except for his tackling which is ridiculously bad for a player so good. He has been a tremendous pro and one of the best English midfielders of his generation - could have been the best if the boy learned to time his tackles a little better...

Still though, that "tackle" on Zabaleta was bad and he knew it too. But guaranteed, he will get a run out before the season's end. As United have pretty much won the Prem already, he will be on the pitch probably for the last game (with instructions not to tackle...).

If it was his last appearance, then it is pretty sad but good luck to him. As a City fan, I won't miss him but as a football fan, he will be missed.

Now if only Giggsy-Wiggsy would go and retire...well OK I don't have much of a problem with him either. (The rest of them though can go fuck themselves... )
good to see a sensible post, fair play rebel
Old 19-04-2011, 05:01 PM

X2
Old 19-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Scholes has LozY locked in a vicelike psychological grip.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer Dan View Post
Scholes has LozY locked in a vicelike psychological grip.
He has him by the tackle(pun seriously intended)..
Old 20-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P Splonk View Post
Its disingenuous to say he went over the top because of tiredness. He is a dangerous player who has been at this for years and who should have been sent off a lot more than the 10 times the ref summoned up the courage to do so.

I think 30 red cards would be more in line with what he should have under his belt these days.

But shure "wee scholesy cannae tackle, haw haw"

Scholes has never been a consistently dirty player unlike some others. He has shown a tendency to be a little petulant and to go into rash tackles, particularly against certain P.L. sides such as City. Against Liverpool a few seasons ago when 10 man United practically won the title at Anfield was a prime example.
He also missed the 1999 C.L. Final and like Roy Keane, it was due to a very harsh yellow.
Facts are facts. Dirty player? I think not!
Old 20-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post

Scholes has never been a consistently dirty player unlike some others.
Ah get off the stage Lee, even the most ardent supporter can admit that Scholes is filthy.

How many years have they been saying 'the wee fella cannae tackle'?
He just kicks lumps out of fellas and gets away with it because he's Paul Scholes: distinguished Engurland International.

A player of fantastic vision and ability but a right dirty fucker to boot. He's lucky not to have picked up considerably more reds in his career.
Old 20-04-2011, 07:35 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer Dan View Post
Ah get off the stage Lee, even the most ardent supporter can admit that Scholes is filthy.

How many years have they been saying 'the wee fella cannae tackle'?
He just kicks lumps out of fellas and gets away with it because he's Paul Scholes: distinguished Engurland International.

A player of fantastic vision and ability but a right dirty fucker to boot. He's lucky not to have picked up considerably more reds in his career.

He has not been an England international for some time so this hardly backs up your theory.
He has comitted rash tackles through petulance throught his career but he cannot be considered a dirty player. He hardly intended to miss the 1999 C.L. Final now did he?