tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Scholes finishes career in disgrace - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 19-04-2011, 03:54 PM
blackie blackie is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,527
Default

Maybe he wanted to be sent off so that he would miss games like Iniesta , that most brilliant , intelligent , honest , down to earth of all the footballers on the planet , nay the Universe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13126928.stm
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 19-04-2011, 04:22 PM
BostonRebel BostonRebel is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sportstown, USA
Posts: 1,898
Default

Strangely enough, as a City fan - and he has inflicted some damage on City over the years - I have never really had a problem with Scholes for some reason. Well except for his tackling which is ridiculously bad for a player so good. He has been a tremendous pro and one of the best English midfielders of his generation - could have been the best if the boy learned to time his tackles a little better...

Still though, that "tackle" on Zabaleta was bad and he knew it too. But guaranteed, he will get a run out before the season's end. As United have pretty much won the Prem already, he will be on the pitch probably for the last game (with instructions not to tackle...).

If it was his last appearance, then it is pretty sad but good luck to him. As a City fan, I won't miss him but as a football fan, he will be missed.

Now if only Giggsy-Wiggsy would go and retire...well OK I don't have much of a problem with him either. (The rest of them though can go fuck themselves... )
__________________
Have a shufty at this
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 19-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Michael P Splonk Michael P Splonk is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 29,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
Maybe he wanted to be sent off so that he would miss games like Iniesta , that most brilliant , intelligent , honest , down to earth of all the footballers on the planet , nay the Universe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13126928.stm
Yeah bumslapper

Take that and party. 1994

"I am sure some people think that I have not got the brains to be that clever, but I do have the brains," Beckham said in an interview published yesterday. "I could feel the injury. So I fouled Thatcher. It was deliberate. I knew straight away I had broken my ribs. I have done it before. I knew I will be out for a few weeks, so I thought: 'Let's get the yellow card out of the way'."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...ng-543605.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday View Post
It's more of a feeling than a cup.
CTID
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 19-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Musical Paper Boy Musical Paper Boy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Here, There and Everywhere
Posts: 15,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRebel View Post
Strangely enough, as a City fan - and he has inflicted some damage on City over the years - I have never really had a problem with Scholes for some reason. Well except for his tackling which is ridiculously bad for a player so good. He has been a tremendous pro and one of the best English midfielders of his generation - could have been the best if the boy learned to time his tackles a little better...

Still though, that "tackle" on Zabaleta was bad and he knew it too. But guaranteed, he will get a run out before the season's end. As United have pretty much won the Prem already, he will be on the pitch probably for the last game (with instructions not to tackle...).

If it was his last appearance, then it is pretty sad but good luck to him. As a City fan, I won't miss him but as a football fan, he will be missed.

Now if only Giggsy-Wiggsy would go and retire...well OK I don't have much of a problem with him either. (The rest of them though can go fuck themselves... )
good to see a sensible post, fair play rebel
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 19-04-2011, 05:01 PM
STEVIEG STEVIEG is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 42,861
Default

X2
__________________
Free mixes downloads
http://djstevieg.podomatic.com
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 19-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Langer Dan Langer Dan is offline
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ogdenville, North Haverbrook and Brockway
Posts: 49,181
Default

Scholes has LozY locked in a vicelike psychological grip.
__________________
Uh oh.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 19-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Pontipine Pontipine is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Inside my Flares..
Posts: 31,114
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer Dan View Post
Scholes has LozY locked in a vicelike psychological grip.
He has him by the tackle(pun seriously intended)..
__________________
Stay strong..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 20-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 26,096
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P Splonk View Post
Its disingenuous to say he went over the top because of tiredness. He is a dangerous player who has been at this for years and who should have been sent off a lot more than the 10 times the ref summoned up the courage to do so.

I think 30 red cards would be more in line with what he should have under his belt these days.

But shure "wee scholesy cannae tackle, haw haw"

Scholes has never been a consistently dirty player unlike some others. He has shown a tendency to be a little petulant and to go into rash tackles, particularly against certain P.L. sides such as City. Against Liverpool a few seasons ago when 10 man United practically won the title at Anfield was a prime example.
He also missed the 1999 C.L. Final and like Roy Keane, it was due to a very harsh yellow.
Facts are facts. Dirty player? I think not!
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 20-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Langer Dan Langer Dan is offline
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ogdenville, North Haverbrook and Brockway
Posts: 49,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post

Scholes has never been a consistently dirty player unlike some others.
Ah get off the stage Lee, even the most ardent supporter can admit that Scholes is filthy.

How many years have they been saying 'the wee fella cannae tackle'?
He just kicks lumps out of fellas and gets away with it because he's Paul Scholes: distinguished Engurland International.

A player of fantastic vision and ability but a right dirty fucker to boot. He's lucky not to have picked up considerably more reds in his career.
__________________
Uh oh.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 20-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 26,096
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer Dan View Post
Ah get off the stage Lee, even the most ardent supporter can admit that Scholes is filthy.

How many years have they been saying 'the wee fella cannae tackle'?
He just kicks lumps out of fellas and gets away with it because he's Paul Scholes: distinguished Engurland International.

A player of fantastic vision and ability but a right dirty fucker to boot. He's lucky not to have picked up considerably more reds in his career.

He has not been an England international for some time so this hardly backs up your theory.
He has comitted rash tackles through petulance throught his career but he cannot be considered a dirty player. He hardly intended to miss the 1999 C.L. Final now did he?
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Live Music

The Light Runners

The Oliver Plunkett, Tomorrow @ 12:30am

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.