tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Scholes finishes career in disgrace - Page 11 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2019, 06:01 PM

Location: Sitting in my underpants eating Meanies watching Jerry Springer repeats

Scholesy to take over at his boyhood club, Oldham.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Always odd that he didn't end his playing career with them like he said he wanted to.
Old 14-03-2019, 05:40 PM

Resigned already

In a statement, the former England midfielder said on Thursday: "It is with great regret that I have decided to leave the club with immediate effect."

Scholes was appointed as Oldham boss on a one-and-a-half-year deal on 11 February. He resigned as a club director at Salford, while retaining his 10 per cent stake, before taking the job.

Scholes added: "I hoped to at the very least, see out my initial term of 18 months as the manager of a club I've supported all my life. The fans, players, my friends and family all knew how proud and excited I was to take this role.

"In the short period since I took on the role it unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role.

"I wish the fans, the players and the staff - who have been tremendous - all the best for the rest of the season and will continue to watch and support the club as a fan."
Old 14-03-2019, 05:46 PM
Banned

Suppose he’ll go back to the cushy number of punditry and slate managers who’d the balls to last longer than a month
Old 14-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Banned

He could always join that other thug Keane at Notts Forest.
Old 14-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down da Castle View Post
Resigned already

In a statement, the former England midfielder said on Thursday: "It is with great regret that I have decided to leave the club with immediate effect."

Scholes was appointed as Oldham boss on a one-and-a-half-year deal on 11 February. He resigned as a club director at Salford, while retaining his 10 per cent stake, before taking the job.

Scholes added: "I hoped to at the very least, see out my initial term of 18 months as the manager of a club I've supported all my life. The fans, players, my friends and family all knew how proud and excited I was to take this role.

"In the short period since I took on the role it unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role.

"I wish the fans, the players and the staff - who have been tremendous - all the best for the rest of the season and will continue to watch and support the club as a fan."
Have Oldham responded? That doesn't look good for them
Old 17-03-2019, 06:55 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
He could always join that other thug Keane at Notts Forest.
Other thug!.....that’s some respect u have for a cork legend,and don’t hit me back with “respect” or “Ireland” you absolute clown.Do you have any idea what he does for the people of Cork outside of media eyes???..
Old 17-03-2019, 07:28 PM

Looks like he'll be back on the box doing punditry soon.

Quite the assorted team of ex-Man Yoo reject/failed managers, masquerading as TV experts these days - Keane, Neville, Scholes, Ince, etc.
Old 17-03-2019, 09:40 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbeaten View Post
Other thug!.....that’s some respect u have for a cork legend,and don’t hit me back with “respect” or “Ireland” you absolute clown.Do you have any idea what he does for the people of Cork outside of media eyes???..
Great point ,unbelievable charity work and support for people behind the scenes
All low key
I know numerous families who are grateful