tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
"Lads, was that the worst game we've ever seen?" - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 26-03-2007, 01:56 AM

The match against Egypt in 1990 was woeful alright. Even as a 10 year old completely wrapped up in Italia 90 fever I could see that.

I actually fell asleep during the final in 94, woke up to see Baggio booting that peno over the bar.

Liverpool V United i 96 was awful as well.

Ireland V USA before the 2002 world cup. Waterlogged pitch and lashing rain, I left with around 20 minutes to go.

More than one game I watched Liverpool play under Gerard Houllier.
Old 26-03-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
yeah, that germany v austria game is probably the worst game i've ever seen on t'telly

i can recall some grim games at the cross in the bad old days too when there was no shed... or stand... or fans.... or fun
the good thing was they didn't allow djs at the cross back then
Old 26-03-2007, 07:00 AM

Switzerland & the Ukraine in last years world cup. Fell asleep during extra time & missed the pens.
Old 26-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Banned

Yes.
Old 26-03-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyB View Post
Switzerland & the Ukraine in last years world cup. Fell asleep during extra time & missed the pens.
God yeah, that was a rubbish game alright.
Old 26-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyB View Post

Good call there. Come to think about it, taking away the great excitement for us, Ireland and Romania in 1990 must have been dreadful as well for neutrals. I have no memory of any chances on goal for either team in that game
Old 26-03-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
Good call there. Come to think about it, taking away the great excitement for us, Ireland and Romania in 1990 must have been dreadful as well for neutrals. I have no memory of any chances on goal for either team in that game
it was a fairly bad game alright. hagi had a few efforts from long range, but bonner was equal to the task*.

the english game at italia 90 was dreadful as well. fuck it, they were all bad, apart from the quarter final game, and even that wasn't great.

*george hamilton mode there.
Old 26-03-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer jay View Post
it was a fairly bad game alright. hagi had a few efforts from long range, but bonner was equal to the task*.

the english game at italia 90 was dreadful as well. fuck it, they were all bad, apart from the quarter final game, and even that wasn't great.

*george hamilton mode there.

I think I remember oul George shout out a few 'Ranucoiu's' (sp?) during the game as well in angst.
Old 26-03-2007, 09:10 AM

There have been some awful games...and the Wales game was right up there in terms of disappointing 'top class' games....I thought the Steve Evans miskick totally summed up the quality of the game.

Once again, the senior players misfired abysmally.....Keane is as inspiring as a wet blanket, Duff was once again looking forward to pension day and O'Shea was his usual anonymous self.

Stephen Ireland is one of the few who can emerge with credit....3 goals in four games is a great return from the young fella and he has something about him certainly. McShane continues to look an excellent prospect but nearly all the rest are the embodiment of mediocrity and the lack of passion was tangible even in my living room !!!

In all fairness, if Croker on a day like that can't inspire them, you wonder what can ????

Stephen Hunt made an immediate impact when he came on...he provided a much needed spark and was a real livewire. He surely has to start on wednesday.....even Stan must see that. Douglas offered nothing.
We were lucky that Wales are so inept !!!!

Ambassador to Spain...yariba yariba!!!
Old 26-03-2007, 09:15 AM

Even though I'm a critic of his you can hardly put O'Shea in with the likes of Duff & Keane. He was at RB against a team that offered little going forward.

I dunno how Staunton is leaving Hunt out of the side at the moment. Even McGeady should be playing. Duff is surviving on his rep more than any other player playing in Engalnd & I include the English lot in saying it.