tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Catalan independence referendum - Page 71 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 21-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Senior PROC Member

Lee what say you on the heavy-handedness of Spanish Riot Police wearing their three foot batons off elderly men and young women who are clearly posing no physical threat whatsoever? Indeed some of the victims of the masked plod are literally sitting down while they're being hit in the head with those sticks, being punched, and even knee-kicked into the head? Appropriate policing or inflaming a situation out of control?
Old 22-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Lee what say you on the heavy-handedness of Spanish Riot Police wearing their three foot batons off elderly men and young women who are clearly posing no physical threat whatsoever? Indeed some of the victims of the masked plod are literally sitting down while they're being hit in the head with those sticks, being punched, and even knee-kicked into the head? Appropriate policing or inflaming a situation out of control?

🤔
I see where you are coming from Sound. When the protesters were blocking access to the airport, which they aren't entitled to do, they were told to move on by the police and didn't. The police then had no option but to use force. I agree that a minority of them have gone overboard especially at night when they are being showered with dangerous objects.
As of now, the only person who's suffered critical injuries is a policeman, who is currently in hospital, fighting for his life having been hit by an object.
General Election on 10th of November is a chance for all Catalans to vote in a clean plebicite unlike the referendum farce. This farce was organised by separatists and the votes were also counted by them in the absence of impartial officials. Given this scenario the "yes" vote was always going to be declared the winner.
Old 22-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
🤔
I see where you are coming from Sound. When the protesters were blocking access to the airport, which they aren't entitled to do, they were told to move on by the police and didn't. The police then had no option but to use force. I agree that a minority of them have gone overboard especially at night when they are being showered with dangerous objects.
As of now, the only person who's suffered critical injuries is a policeman, who is currently in hospital, fighting for his life having been hit by an object.
General Election on 10th of November is a chance for all Catalans to vote in a clean plebicite unlike the referendum farce. This farce was organised by separatists and the votes were also counted by them in the absence of impartial officials. Given this scenario the "yes" vote was always going to be declared the winner.

There were plenty of elderly people, nowhere near airports, merely standing on the street, who were battered by crowds of masked police wielding lengthy battons. Your suggestion that it was only as an effort of last resort is not supported by the video evidence circulating Lee.
But you keep on posting the spin
Old 22-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
🤔
But didn't they vote already this year? And if I'm not mistaken the Independent Parties gained 29 of 48 seats (3 parties with 15, 7 and 7 seats). I could be wrong but that's how I see it. Percent of votes is over 50% too.

So, eh, what's your point?

No comment.
Old 22-10-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
But didn't they vote already this year? And if I'm not mistaken the Independent Parties gained 29 of 48 seats (3 parties with 15, 7 and 7 seats). I could be wrong but that's how I see it. Percent of votes is over 50% too.

So, eh, what's your point?

🤔
Let the Catalans vote on the separatists who have made their streets unsafe to be in at night.
A proper, democratic vote shall decide. No more no less!
Old 22-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
🤔
Let the Catalans vote on the separatists who have made their streets unsafe to be in at night.
A proper, democratic vote shall decide. No more no less!
Streets are generally unsafe to be in at night in large cities when there's no police around on patrol. They're downright dangerous though when there's groups police in riot gear marauding about beating young and old without provocation.
Old 22-10-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
There were plenty of elderly people, nowhere near airports, merely standing on the street, who were battered by crowds of masked police wielding lengthy battons. Your suggestion that it was only as an effort of last resort is not supported by the video evidence circulating Lee.
But you keep on posting the spin

🤔
Injuries suffering from this horrific "battering"? Nobody is fighting for life. A policeman is doing just that atm
A policeman fighting for his life is hardly "spin" now is it?
Probably for SF supporters I suppose! 😏
Old 22-10-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Streets are generally unsafe to be in at night in large cities when there's no police around on patrol. They're downright dangerous though when there's groups police in riot gear marauding about beating young and old without provocation.
💩💩💩
Without provocation my arse. Where are you getting your images from? Franco's funeral?
Old 22-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
💩💩💩
Without provocation my arse. Where are you getting your images from? Franco's funeral?
The video clips are on line Lee. Elderly man in his 70s I'd guess, literally just standing around when half a dozen of these masked men in black descend on him and give him a battering
Old 22-10-2019, 02:50 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
🤔
Injuries suffering from this horrific "battering"? Nobody is fighting for life. A policeman is doing just that atm
A policeman fighting for his life is hardly "spin" now is it?
Probably for SF supporters I suppose! 😏
that's the spirit Lee. Deny and deflect

Nobody fighting for their life? Or nobody reporting being injured in case they're subsequently arrested and thrown in jail by the Spanish central government.