tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Man Utd Thread - Page 3949 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-08-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
A bit simplistic no?
Yes. It was an over-simplistic response to stand against an overly simplistic original post.
Old 30-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin View Post
Yes. It was an over-simplistic response to stand against an overly simplistic original post.
IMHO TBM's original point was relatively clear and simple & relevant, but not overly simplistic.
Old 30-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Banned

Thank fuck that Fergie fella retired . Didn't have a clue what he was doing . . . .
Old 30-08-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bread Man View Post
I'll believe it when i see it del.

Another jokeshop of a transfer window.

They have bought 13 players since Ronaldo left. 5 of the 13 were bought for the future and were not ready to command a regular starting slot when they joined, Bebe and Obertan were busts. Valencia can't cross his legs, Young is a complete waste of money and neither of these two are good enough to hold down a regular starting place in the side. Lindergaard is a backup keeper, the jury is still out on Kagawa so that leaves just 2 of the 13 players RVP and De Gea who currently hold down regular starting slots in the 11.

13 players brought in since Ronaldo left,none of them the regular starting midfield player even the dog on street knows the club badly need for years.

John O'Shea and even Phil Jones have played in the centre of midfield which tells you how badly off the club are in that position.

If Carrick (and i know he has his critics on this forum) gets a long term injury then the club is in serious trouble.

The bullshit and propaganda coming from the club during the past few transfer windows doesnt surprise me at all.

They bid for Fabregas knowing full well they wont get him just to keep the fans happy when all along they knew that they were more likely to get Fellaini from Everton.

Fellaini is a good player but a good player with Everton. I'm not sure if he can cut the mustard with United (i certainly hope so) and long term will probably join other big money midfield signings like Anderson on the bench.

In my opinion they need a world class midfield player who has experience in the premier league, one who will come straight into the starting 11.

RVP 24 million
De Gea 19 million
Young 17 million (not good enough)
Jones 16.5 million (bought for the future)
Valencia 16 million (not good enough)
Zaha 15 million (bought for the future)
Kagawa 12 million (Jury's out)
Smalling 10 million (bought for the future)
Bebe 7.5 million (not good enough)
Powell 4 million (bought for the future)
Lindergarad 3.5 million
Obertan 3 million (not good enough)
Varela 2.4 million (bought for the future)
When was Hernandez brought in? Surely after Ronaldo left.
Old 30-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Hernandez came in 2010. The deal was done just before the World Cup.
Old 30-08-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayons O'Neil View Post
Bilbao confirm they rejected a bid from United. If they want him they'll have to meet his release clause.

It's also been reported united have bizarrely made a bid of 10 mill for De Rossi.

Why would you even waste your time making a bid that low for him?
Old 30-08-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bread Man View Post

Fellaini is a good player but a good player with Everton. I'm not sure if he can cut the mustard with United (i certainly hope so) and long term will probably join other big money midfield signings like Anderson on the bench.
Your underestimating Feillaini big time here, He's far better than a Phil Jones or Anderson.

He's always looked to me as a player who could very easily manage to fit in with a top club.

The guys brings you a bit of needle aswell which honed well can be a good thing to have in your team.
Old 31-08-2013, 01:55 PM

Celtic trying to get Buttner on loan, Baines deal must be on you'd think.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L View Post
Your underestimating Feillaini big time here, He's far better than a Phil Jones or Anderson.

He's always looked to me as a player who could very easily manage to fit in with a top club.

The guys brings you a bit of needle aswell which honed well can be a good thing to have in your team.

I don't think that he's all that people are cracking him up to be. United are top heavy at midfield to be honest so if they sign someone, it's needs to be a player who is a class above the rest which I don't believe Feillaini is tbh.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM

Man U team?

Edit:
Man Utd: De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Giggs, Welbeck, van Persie.

Subs: Anderson, Smalling, Lindegaard, Hernandez, Nani, Valencia, Buttner.