Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-03-2011, 12:13 PM

Default Word Docs & Java

I have to be able to read in a word doc using Java so I can manipulate the word document. I was thinking of VBA but my knowledge of VBA is basic and I don't like it ! So I decided to look for something in Java where I am slighly more comfortable in than VBA.

After some research it seems that the Open Office SDK and UNO. I have just started to 'play' around with this and it may do the job! I just I would see if anybody of this board knows of other alternatives and they don't have to be Java based!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

C# and the windows OLE layer.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Banned

or if you want to stick with Java .. I used the following API with excel docs in Java and found it excellent. I'd recommend it.

http://poi.apache.org/
Old 06-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer Shoes View Post
or if you want to stick with Java .. I used the following API with excel docs in Java and found it excellent. I'd recommend it.

http://poi.apache.org/
From what I saw from other sources, unfortunately their word API is nowhere near as good as their Excel. Good to hear that you found their Excel APi excellent because I may have to use that for a different project.