Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-11-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueswannabe View Post
Same with Greece and Latin America, yes some drivers here are atrocious but the aforementioned countries are 10 times worse than we are IMO, reflected in a way higher road death rates too, roughly double ours.
coupled, perhaps, with poorer quality roads? admittedly ours are pretty terrible too but the once in latin america are cat.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubwithnobeer View Post
There are simpletons on boards that believe it's possible to pass the driving test with just 12 lessons and no previous driving experience or practice driving betweeen lessons.
i have a buddy here in sweden who passed his test with around 15 lessons i think and no previous experience. he had his mrs as the one responsible for him when he was doing his own practicing.

he stalled his car on a roundabout during his test and still passed.

make of that what you will.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco 2005 View Post
yeah, in big cities that's usually the case (in France too, Paris and Marseille for example)...i drove in Palermo couple of years ao, it was worse than Lima, Bangkok or Marakech

i think this is more down to the fact people don't give a shit rather than not knowing basic road rules
I drove motorbikes for years and happened to be Rome once and thought I'd rent a bike for a bit a sight seeing . The walk from the hotel to the rental shop changed my mind fairly sharpish I can tell you. Absolute manics.

But when it comes to suicide driving Egypt hands down took the biscuit for me. Beyond a joke. Seriously they shouldn't be allowed to drive anything other than a camel there.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon Langer View Post
They're entitled to it
It’s their culture
Old 08-11-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeroyale View Post
i have a buddy here in sweden who passed his test with around 15 lessons i think and no previous experience. he had his mrs as the one responsible for him when he was doing his own practicing.

he stalled his car on a roundabout during his test and still passed.

make of that what you will.
I did my test in Germany and fucked up a classic junction of equal importance with 3 cars on it (where everybody has to wait for everybody else), but still passed.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strict66 View Post
I drove motorbikes for years and happened to be Rome once and thought I'd rent a bike for a bit a sight seeing . The walk from the hotel to the rental shop changed my mind fairly sharpish I can tell you. Absolute manics.

But when it comes to suicide driving Egypt hands down took the biscuit for me. Beyond a joke. Seriously they shouldn't be allowed to drive anything other than a camel there.
Sounds like Dubai with shitter roads and cars. Iraq is another beauty or any place where Inshallah is the response to any impending danger.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisfallen View Post
Would this be the "government" who handed out full licences to people because the testing system was backlogged?
That was about 40 years ago. Roads were much quieter then, there were no roundabouts, hardly any traffic lights etc.

Learner drivers are one problem but another is over 70s. They're the ones that end up going the wrong way down slip roads onto motorways.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:36 PM

Proportion of accidents involving L drivers is less than the actual amount of L drivers.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018...arner-drivers/
Old 08-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Senior PROC Member

Talking

WHy can't we put them all on a big island and let them go mad?

Oh wait...........
Old 09-03-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strict66 View Post
I witnessed that myself and I can confirm that Strict is not exaggerating!

12,000 a year are killed in road accidents in Egypt. No respect or patience.
Lunatics.