Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Smaug Smaug is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 21,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
No. What would have been the point?
And assuming she will be invited again there will be no point the next time either. And she will.

It is a matter of principle to me. It is not her personally. It is what she represents. I also understand I am in the minority and if people want to wave union jacks on the Grand Parade again it will happen. That's my tough shit.

Not a SF voter myself but imo, any Irish people waving union jacks on Grand Parade or anywhere else for that matter, are an embarrassment.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
...aye, Smaug is fussy about the kind of jigsaw he makes....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
awww you're a sweetie *hugs*
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Róisín_Rua Róisín_Rua is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Derry, Maine
Posts: 8,561
Default

Look, the oul wan is almost 92 - don't think she'd be up for the trip, tbphwyfwiw.
__________________
★ R²
Senior PROCcer
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-03-2018, 05:31 PM
Róisín_Rua Róisín_Rua is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Derry, Maine
Posts: 8,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32

It is a matter of principle to me. It is not her personally. It is what she represents. I also understand I am in the minority and if people want to wave union jacks on the Grand Parade again it will happen.
Same here. And I make no apologies for that.
__________________
★ R²
Senior PROCcer
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-03-2018, 06:15 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Hang on everybody.


Our broken Shinnerbot truly knows everything and all is well really.



We are truly focked.
I certainly don't know everything, and unlike you I wouldn't pretend to, but I'd wager I know a damn sight more about the north than you do - certainly if your musings here on NI related topics are anything to go by.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Tictac Tictac is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 16,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdagap View Post
Most definitely yes. However this time she has to visit the Ballycotton Seafood stall.
Im not sure about that. An uneasy peace exists between our two overpriced fish sellers.

A snub by the queen to Pat O Connell could lead to an all out fish war.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-03-2018, 06:30 PM
richiepurg richiepurg is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Róisín_Rua View Post
Look, the oul wan is almost 92 - don't think she'd be up for the trip, tbphwyfwiw.
She might drop in on an over 60's heat, although Paddy O'Brien might object to a second queen in the hall.
__________________
Come in till I bate ya.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-03-2018, 07:00 PM
King Silkbeard King Silkbeard is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,760
Default

The Queen of England coming to Cork again the amount of security needed for such a journey. You'd be looking at snipers on all the buildings and the whole place in lockdown than you have the dissidents out there having an excuse to cause trouble.

We are just after a major blizzard and there is talk of more guests coming to Ireland. Let's be practical here we already have an ecclesiastical visit on the way i see no reason for royalty to arrive as well they will just have to wait a year or two.
__________________
Do no harm but take no shit.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-03-2018, 08:43 PM
richiepurg richiepurg is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Silkbeard View Post
The Queen of England coming to Cork again the amount of security needed for such a journey. You'd be looking at snipers on all the buildings and the whole place in lockdown than you have the dissidents out there having an excuse to cause trouble.

We are just after a major blizzard and there is talk of more guests coming to Ireland. Let's be practical here we already have an ecclesiastical visit on the way i see no reason for royalty to arrive as well they will just have to wait a year or two.
Obama and the queen were here in the same week last time.
__________________
Come in till I bate ya.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-03-2018, 09:11 PM
snapped snapped is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiepurg View Post
She might drop in on an over 60's heat, although Paddy O'Brien might object to a second queen in the hall.
Not nice, not nice at all...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-03-2018, 09:46 PM
Rorz Rorz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cork
Posts: 2,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
Im not sure about that. An uneasy peace exists between our two overpriced fish sellers.

A snub by the queen to Pat O Connell could lead to an all out fish war.
Speaking of which, what's the craic with the lad just by the Ballycotton vendor with the very humble fish corner?

I can never figure out where he fits in amongst the Barca and Real of English Market fishmongers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.