Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 31-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'luck View Post
Poor Pointy overestimating his vocabulary size again. 'Justice' seems to be too big a word for you unfortunately but it's admirable you're at least trying to improve. You should probably look up the meaning first before you start throwing it around though Pointy.

Failing that just do your usual trick of quoting some comment and following it with 'spot on' to try and leave us with the impression you have even the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Trying to shoot the messenger?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
He keeps missing
Old 01-04-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
How am I trying to shoot the messenger? That would imply Pointy posted some bad news and I attacked him for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
He keeps missing
Pointy, can you answer any of the question I asked you?
Old 27-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Senior PROC Member

Israel’s Air Force (IAF) carried out a series of airstrikes near the Damascus International Airport in Syria early Thursday morning, Arab media reported.

The Hezbollah-linked Al Mayadeen television channel reported a huge blast at the airport, causing a fire.

Footage of the explosion emerged on social media with reports suggesting the incident was caused by the IAF.

Hezbollah’s Al-Manar news reported an explosion at a fuel tank and warehouses and that massive material damage was caused by the strike, but that there were no reports of casualties.

However, there are other reports in Arab media that a senior Hezbollah commander and members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) were killed and another nine wounded in the attack.

Al-Masdar news reported there were as much as five airstrikes against or in the vicinity of the airport.

The explosion was heard across the capital, jolting residents awake, the head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, (SOHR) Rami Abdurrahman said.

The airport is used for civilian and military flights.

Reuters cited regional intelligence sources that said the alleged Israeli airstrike hit Hezbollah’s arms depot in the airport, where Iran operates an air corridor for supplying allies in Syria.

The Syrian regime acknowledged the attack and accused Israel of supporting “terrorists” fighting within Syria.

Israel has officially remained silent, as has been its conduct in previous such incidents.

The Israelis forgot to get clearance from the Russians
Old 27-04-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Israel’s Air Force (IAF) carried out a series of airstrikes near the Damascus International Airport in Syria early Thursday morning, Arab media reported.

The Hezbollah-linked Al Mayadeen television channel reported a huge blast at the airport, causing a fire.

Footage of the explosion emerged on social media with reports suggesting the incident was caused by the IAF.

Hezbollah’s Al-Manar news reported an explosion at a fuel tank and warehouses and that massive material damage was caused by the strike, but that there were no reports of casualties.

However, there are other reports in Arab media that a senior Hezbollah commander and members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) were killed and another nine wounded in the attack.

Al-Masdar news reported there were as much as five airstrikes against or in the vicinity of the airport.

The explosion was heard across the capital, jolting residents awake, the head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, (SOHR) Rami Abdurrahman said.

The airport is used for civilian and military flights.

Reuters cited regional intelligence sources that said the alleged Israeli airstrike hit Hezbollah’s arms depot in the airport, where Iran operates an air corridor for supplying allies in Syria.

The Syrian regime acknowledged the attack and accused Israel of supporting “terrorists” fighting within Syria.

Israel has officially remained silent, as has been its conduct in previous such incidents.

The Israelis forgot to get clearance from the Russians
But, but, I thought gangster Putin installed "state of the art air defence systems?"

Russians were starting to believe their own propaganda bullshit there for a while.

Old 27-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
But, but, I thought gangster Putin installed "state of the art air defence systems?"

Russians were starting to believe their own propaganda bullshit there for a while.

Yes I did wonder where was the Russian air defence system. Bells will probably tell us that the Ruskies did not turn it on in order to confuse the Israeli electronic jamming systems
Old 07-05-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Yes I did wonder where was the Russian air defence system. Bells will probably tell us that the Ruskies did not turn it on in order to confuse the Israeli electronic jamming systems
The Russian EMP systems in Syria only protect Russian assets and are not issued indiscriminality to protect the Technology.
They did demonstrate their capability against the 59 Tomohawk missille attack on SHAYRAT Airfield when they disrupted 36 missiles.
Their is footage of a missile turning 180 degrees and heading back to the launch pad ship.
Looks like it was a warning to Uncle Sam, but no one is talking.
I await updates with my good buddy Vlad for further info.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Senior PROC Member

About to Kick off?

Israel has launched what it described as a large-scale air raid in Syria after one of its F-16 fighters crashed while under Syrian anti-aircraft fire.

Twelve sites, including four “Iranian targets” near the Syrian capital, Damascus, were destroyed in the raid, according to an Israeli military spokesman, Jonathan Conricus. It was not immediately clear whether there were any casualties.

The Israeli F-16 was shot at as it returned on Saturday morning from a raid to destroy Iranian facilities accused of launching a drone into Israel.

Both pilots managed to eject and landed in Israel. One was badly injured. It was not clear if the jet was hit or if the pilots abandoned the plane.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Senior PROC Member

Israel strikes Iranian Supply line to Herzbollah at airbase near Homs, Israelis take no shit from anybody including Putin. Meanwhile the Russians tell us that the 70 Syrians that die in the chlorine attack did not die in as a result of a chemical attack. Apparently the Syrian Government told the Russians before they carried out the attack that there was going to be a provocation by the Western powers and they would blame the Syrian Government. Those Russians are very gullible
Old 09-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Israel strikes Iranian Supply line to Herzbollah at airbase near Homs, Israelis take no shit from anybody including Putin.