Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Repeal the 8th Amendment?
Yes 53 62.35%
No 32 37.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2018, 11:05 PM

93 votes on Twitter

https://twitter.com/IMT_latest/statu...98931639808001

245 votes on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/IrishMedica...35939343128217

That's 338 out of 388 responses.

No verification that anyone who voted was a doctor or even a medical professional.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:14 AM

Nice review of Thursday's events.

http://burkeanjournal.com/the-irish-...-fit-to-print/
Old 10-02-2018, 12:19 AM

Does anybody else think that there's a much higher than 29% chance that the 8th will be kept?

This is good old Ireland afterall. I know we let the Gays have their day but, I think this could be very different.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Does anybody else think that there's a much higher than 29% chance that the 8th will be kept?

This is good old Ireland afterall. I know we let the Gays have their day but, I think this could be very different.
I do Dan. I'd say it's closer to 50/50. Just a personal hunch, based on experience of our culture I suppose. You can be sure the rosary beads will be out in force.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:34 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
I do Dan. I'd say it's closer to 50/50. Just a personal hunch, based on experience of our culture I suppose. You can be sure the rosary beads will be out in force.

..You may very will be right D.T. What is certain if not now then very soon, if nothing else maybe those talking down the option at least because of some Religious hardline(s) spewed from RCC pulpits and indeed other 'Christian' bodies are more likely to invoke a quiet rebellion through the ballot box, nobody quite still holds such sway as the RCC despite the glaring hypocricy...would be grand to think people can and will make their own mind up on the vote and thereafter the naysayers from the 'Church'...They have long been throwing rocks in the way of social and domestic progress while contaminating society with their grim hypocritic cultish abuse(s).

...probably shouldn't show my hand too much on personal my ante-abortion views while at one and the same time respect the option of choice. I.... think 12 weeks is almost acceptable to me in circumstances...have long been opposed to UK thumb-rule of 223-24 weeks, far from it, given new-born babies at this stage owing to discoveries/developement now can be expected to live moreover without the previous maladies associated....guess they give a fuck what I think.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:50 AM
Senior PROC Member

It's far too early to call it in all fairness. I hope folks will see through the disgraceful attempts to tar all those on the prolife side as religious fanatics, that won't wash with the plain people of Ireland.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
I wouldn't even go that far. I'd say there are plenty of people, who would ordinarily be liberal about various subjects, who would be uncomfortable with abortion.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:02 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
It's far too early to call it in all fairness. I hope folks will see through the disgraceful attempts to tar all those on the prolife side as religious fanatics, that won't wash with the plain people of Ireland.
...there are a great many plain people in Ireland Rox, your assumption that 'plain' people are agin abortion is at one and the same time(s) amusing and disturbingly patronising'....

...you can be 'plain' I certainly am and ante-abortion but don't feel the need to halt anyone having that option, have enough troubles of our/my own to deal with far less dictate to people who may well be in even greater struggle...

Those who object are NOT tarred with any stick whatsoever except by such as you have tarred, what is disgraceful of pointing out reality that people are led by the nose by their Religion?

NOBODY will be forced to have babies aborted...what is disgusting is that an individual's choice is hundred and indeed halted unless they head to a more enlightened country at their own personal risk and expense to appease do judgemental dullards..? eh.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:11 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
...there are a great many plain people in Ireland Rox, your assumption that 'plain' people are agin abortion is at one and the same time(s) amusing and disturbingly patronising'....

...you can be 'plain' I certainly am and ante-abortion but don't feel the need to halt anyone having that option, have enough troubles of our/my own to deal with far less dictate to people who may well be in even greater struggle...

Those who object are NOT tarred with any stick whatsoever except by such as you have tarred, what is disgraceful of pointing out reality that people are led by the nose by their Religion?

NOBODY will be forced to have babies aborted...what is disgusting is that an individual's choice is hundred and indeed halted unless they head to a more enlightened country at their own personal risk and expense to appease do judgemental dullards..? eh.
There are people who are not religious here in this country who are uneasy regarding the 12 weeks aspect of the legislation which may come into place if the repeal side wins but there's a long way to go yet. I'd expect a strong yes vote in Dublin and that may carry them over the line, I think that's what happened with the divorce referendum.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
I wouldn't even go that far. I'd say there are plenty of people, who would ordinarily be liberal about various subjects, who would be uncomfortable with abortion.
I agree, the strategies employed by both sides in most of the referendums we have had recently tend to only result in confusing the issue at hand by introducing completely unhelpful red herrings. The gay marriage vote was a classic one where the whole thing became about gay adoption which had absolutely no bearing on the referendum itself