Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 25-01-2018, 12:19 PM

If anyone wants to delete a post just go to edit and delete. No need for admin.
Old 25-01-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
The alternative is not to spread lies on the INTERNET.

Most of us are hoping that won't be the case but if the time comes we will wait for confirmation from somewhere that isn't Twitter or a 'mate.'
spot on, i got a text 6pm last night, but held off on forwarding on the text,
if it were true people would have heard soon enough,
Old 25-01-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpóirtFest View Post

What’s the alternative in life, we presume everyone is lying about such things until we see are rocking up to a removal?
I guess the alternative is ignore rumour and hearsay and wait for spouse or family to release a statement.
Old 26-01-2018, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
I guess the alternative is ignore rumour and hearsay and wait for spouse or family to release a statement.
And is that how every such news is belayed on here? And do every spouse or family feel the need to do it in that way, in order to satisfy the changing winds of the PROC? How manys 'BANG' threads need to be deleted under such parameters?

I feel awful for Liam, he is a friend of many people i know and in fairness, compared to some of the crass threads on here about people passing or in diffciulty, i thought there was a genuine, widespead empathy towards his awful plight, based on the comments....and i genuinely believed, judging by the distress of a guy i know to be a friend of his, that he had passed and i reached out to the bloody proc, whom i'm not as cyncial about as most people, regardless of the the handful of fools who always try to make their mark...but as always score-pointers will always be just that.

All that matters is that he still battles on and please god he will be that unique, wonderful statistic that overcomes and makes so many of us believe for loved ones of our own.
Old 26-01-2018, 07:34 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
the handful of fools who always try to make their mark...but as always score-pointers will always be just that.
That’s precisely my opinion of the people who rush to break this news.
Old 26-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
And is that how every such news is belayed on here? And do every spouse or family feel the need to do it in that way, in order to satisfy the changing winds of the PROC? How manys 'BANG' threads need to be deleted under such parameters?

I feel awful for Liam, he is a friend of many people i know and in fairness, compared to some of the crass threads on here about people passing or in diffciulty, i thought there was a genuine, widespead empathy towards his awful plight, based on the comments....and i genuinely believed, judging by the distress of a guy i know to be a friend of his, that he had passed and i reached out to the bloody proc, whom i'm not as cyncial about as most people, regardless of the the handful of fools who always try to make their mark...but as always score-pointers will always be just that.

All that matters is that he still battles on and please god he will be that unique, wonderful statistic that overcomes and makes so many of us believe for loved ones of our own.
Great post.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:56 PM
Banned

I see a tweet by Cork City to say that Liam Miller has passed away.

RIP
Old 09-02-2018, 11:58 PM
Banned

Sorry the tweet was by Cork Schoolboys League
Old 10-02-2018, 12:20 AM

Unfortunately it seems that there’s far too many reliable outlets reporting this sad news tonight for it not to be true.

Thoughts go to his family and friends at this awful time. RIP.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:29 AM

RIP Liam