Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10-02-2018, 12:12 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I live in the middle of the college district and the vast majority of college students are absolutely grand to live around.
There are certain houses which are sources of major hassle year after year, this isn't some media hype, it's happening every year and will be no different this year.

Maybe you have good landlords who own the houses near you and that's good but I can tell your that there are many residents dreading next week.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I live in the middle of the college district.
No you don’t.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I live in the middle of the college district and the vast majority of college students are absolutely grand to live around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
No you don’t.
Lol.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of the Funk View Post
its little shits from West Cork/Kerry etc, away from mammy and daddy for the first time and act the maggot
Who graduate and later on in life eventually snap up one or two of these properties, live far away out in the sticks away from the madness and have a steady income from said properties.

I think a partial solution here would be to heavily fine the landlords of the problem houses. Fuck em.. they're happy to be cute hoors on the property ladder, it's high time they took the responsibilty that accompanies it.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimeartimmyboy View Post
Who graduate and later on in life eventually snap up one or two of these properties, live far away out in the sticks away from the madness and have a steady income from said properties.

I think a partial solution here would be to heavily fine the landlords of the problem houses. Fuck em.. they're happy to be cute hoors on the property ladder, it's high time they took the responsibilty that accompanies it.
How often would a landlord find out about that kind of behavior though and what could they do about it? Tenants have fairly strong rights when it comes to eviction etc. It would be in a landlord’s best interest to get rid of problem tenants. There should maybe be some punishment from the college on it. Maybe residents should be able to go to colleges and the colleges in turn deal with the landlords. That might solve it.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

Lol. Fine a landlord for the behavior of a tenant. Good luck with that Einstein.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
Typical middle Ireland, entitled dicks.
I met a woman last week.....

Load of bollocks.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

I think that would help but you need evidence and so it's down to the residents to make a log of all incidents of misbehaviour, calls made to the Gardai etc, I'd say elderly people would find it hard to do all that, any member of the residents association in the College road area could easily point out the worst problem houses because the are the same ones every year, you can tell them even by looking at the state of them from the outside. I'd like to see such houses blacklisted so that students are barred from staying in them, that would have to be enforced by making every student register with the college where they are staying.

I don't think the college take the problem seriously at all, if they did they could use their administrative means to stamp it out for once and for all, they are more than happy to play lip service to it alright with some complaints procedure in place but that seems like a fig leaf to me, and it's no good if you have a problem at 1am in the morning with the student on your street behaving like wild animals! Aswell as that I think the students will know who made the complaint so that could be off-putting aswell.

These students add nothing positive to the area around College road and from a residents point of view neither does the college, it's the source of great stress and anxiety to many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
How often would a landlord find out about that kind of behavior though and what could they do about it? Tenants have fairly strong rights when it comes to eviction etc. It would be in a landlord’s best interest to get rid of problem tenants. There should maybe be some punishment from the college on it. Maybe residents should be able to go to colleges and the colleges in turn deal with the landlords. That might solve it.
They'll find out if residents complain, that is presuming the residents have their contact details which can be obtained from the PRTB if the landlord is registered but even this is not straightforward and you have to fill out a complaint form to access the details. Of course some residents may be afraid to complain, those galoots from the country can probably seem intimidating to frail old people.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
They'll find out if residents complain, that is presuming the residents have their contact details which can be obtained from the PRTB if the landlord is registered but even this is not straightforward and you have to fill out a complaint form to access the details. Of course some residents may be afraid to complain, those galoots from the country can probably seem intimidating to frail old people.
Absolutely. They’ll find out if a complaint is made but that’s assuming a complaint is made. Very difficult for a landlord to know about it unless they’re informed and even once informed what do they do? Who do they evict and how do they evict them? What about tenant’s rights?

Some residents may be afraid to complain and some may be old and frail bits we’re delving into smaller and smaller sections of society. First it’s all the residents. I’ve no doubt some students make life hell for their neighbors but it’s up to the affected residents to document the problems and present them. If the landlord is unaware then there isn’t much they can do. I’d bypass the landlords too because that could be months of hassle. Go straight to the college.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Houses sold over Cork students’ behaviour.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...ur-464699.html

Get 'em Jerry.
Naughty students, tar and feather them.