Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-02-2018, 03:43 PM

Default Getting full medical and blood test done in Cork ?

Hey Folks.

Want to get a full medical and full blood test done in Cork. I don’t really have a GP. Essentially I want to get everything tested within reason just to make sure I’m 100% and ship shape.

Heard news of a former colleague not much older than myself that got diagnosed with terminal cancer and it’s put the wind up me to go and get myself checked.

Happy Friday !!!
Old 09-02-2018, 03:48 PM

The private places in the elysium or down in blackrock would do this.

Are you looking fora full body scan?

Joking aside, do you check yourself regularily for lumps?
Old 09-02-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
The private places in the elysium or down in blackrock would do this.

Are you looking fora full body scan?

Joking aside, do you check yourself regularily for lumps?
I’ve never checked for lumps, how much is a full body scan likely to cost?

If there is something wrong with me I’d rather know and try and do something about it .

Currently feel 100% though.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Go to a gp and they'll do a full bloods test. Normally get the results back in a week.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:02 PM

been thinking about this myself recently.. no reason as such, feeling good and rarely sick, decent diet and exercise and all that, but no harm to get things checked out I suppose. They're could be something starting that you could combat

... but then they might tell you to give up the red wine
Old 09-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Senior PROC Member

Apparently once you are over 40 you should get the bloods done every year.

It goes without saying that a healthy diet with moderate alcohol consumption and being a non smoker will also help greatly, as will regular Mass attendance and avoiding impure thoughts.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Apparently once you are over 40 you should get the bloods done every year.

It goes without saying that a healthy diet with moderate alcohol consumption and being a non smoker will help greatly as will avoiding impure thoughts.
as someone very wise once said - even take moderation in moderation

people obsess when there is no need, all these crazy extremes of doing the dog on it followed by absolute bans. A bit from pot A and a bit from pot B and you'll be grand
Old 09-02-2018, 04:29 PM

I get my Blood tested every Month. The last one detected possible prostate cancer. Straight up to the CUH to find I had it but caught in time, waiting now for Brachatheraphy which is a simple op to .inject Radium pellets into the prostate
Old 09-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
as someone very wise once said - even take moderation in moderation

people obsess when there is no need, all these crazy extremes of doing the dog on it followed by absolute bans. A bit from pot A and a bit from pot B and you'll be grand
I'm all for alcohol in moderation but binge drinking is a no-no for me now, I think people who smoke are insane tbh.

You can get your bloods done in the South Infirmary but you need a letter from a GP first.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
I'm all for alcohol in moderation but binge drinking is a no-no for me now, I think people who smoke are insane tbh.

You can get your bloods done in the South Infirmary but you need a letter from a GP first.
ah yeah - I have a drink Friday and Saturday nights, Sunday would be a glass or two of wine. No alcohol Monday to Thursday nights

Friday and Sat are at home most of the time, open a nice bottle of wine with dinner and then more later when the kids are gone to bed. Don't go to the pub a lot these days so its a bottle of wine with the missus. I never give up drink for a given period, fuck that, can't see the point.. but there is also never a week when i go and get locked 5 nights of the 7