Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Frequently one sees a keeper kicking the ball from his hands outside the box but if you look closer it tends to be a case of them going to the edge of the box with the ball in their hands and throwing it forward to kick it. By the time they've kicked the ball it's outside the box but they're no longer handling it - so no foul.

It's this "shepherding" the ball out while frequently obstructing that annoys me - the ball is supposed to be within playing distance, otherwise it's obstruction.

And when centring off the ball - the ball is (unless they've changed the rules) supposed to go forward. So often nowadays you see a guy standing off-side in the opponents half and playing it backwards to a teammate in his own half
You do realise this totally changed from the Euros onwards, this year?

Now the ball can go any way it wants. Only requires one player to touch it in order to kick things off.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 PM

Location: Sitting in my underpants eating Meanies watching Jerry Springer repeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
You do realise this totally changed from the Euros onwards, this year?

Now the ball can go any way it wants. Only requires one player to touch it in order to kick things off.
It's a scandal, Franco.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:30 PM

Some lad just thought players took it upon themselves to centre off whatever way they wanted!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
pepe reina pulled on this years ago and Bolton scored from freekick. I think if kicked from hand thenthe ball must be kicked inside box-cannot be thrown out. Keepers also get away with 4 sec rule-never enforced.
It's actually a six second rule but point is spot on. Have only seen Mignolet of Liverpool get caught on this one, in a Eurovision tie, and even then he had control of the ball for 20 seconds before ref gave free.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:42 PM

Cox is advocating rec cards for tacticl fouls.

Personally I think that's overkill, but perhaps a sin-bin might be a more appropriate sanction?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/...it-out?src=com
Old 07-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post

Personally I think that's overkill, but perhaps a sin-bin might be a more appropriate sanction?

black card!
Old 07-02-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post

Good article. I'd second sin binning, generally works very well in rugby. GAA badly needs them too for jersey pulling and the like.