Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3971  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:24 PM
skybluebarry skybluebarry is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,335
Default

Henry criticising Morata for missing 1 on 1s, he missed one in 2006 against Barcelona which probaly would have won the CL
Reply With Quote
  #3972  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:54 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 18,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Good game there. Some amount of chances, plenty of fine goalkeeping.
+1

Unsurprised at how Arsenal concede goals so quick after taking the lead but happy eith the character to come back

Morata will have nightmares
Reply With Quote
  #3973  
Old 04-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,307
Default

Via @oilysailor:

Most shots without scoring in a PL game this season:

Harry Kane 10 (vs Burnley, Aug)
Harry Kane 10 (vs Brighton, Dec)
Harry Kane 8 (vs Chelsea, Aug)
Alexis Sanchez 8 (vs Brighton, Oct).

Highest xG without scoring in a game: Harry Kane (1.34) v Newcastle in August.

That Kane fella must have drifted off into oblivion after being so shit, just like Morata will.

#EveryStrikerPaysaTo ll

Lacazette is also running cold whilst doing well.
Reply With Quote
  #3974  
Old 04-01-2018, 12:17 AM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 18,899
Default

Goals will come for Lacazette alright
Reply With Quote
  #3975  
Old 04-01-2018, 12:21 AM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 18,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner View Post
Who the Fuck is Konstantinos mavropanos 😣
Looks like Mislintat is already getting busy identifying potential, that’s what he’s been brought for

2.5m and sent on loan to Werder Bremen
Reply With Quote
  #3976  
Old 04-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Shabby Shabby is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Via @oilysailor:

Most shots without scoring in a PL game this season:

Harry Kane 10 (vs Burnley, Aug)
Harry Kane 10 (vs Brighton, Dec)
Harry Kane 8 (vs Chelsea, Aug)
Alexis Sanchez 8 (vs Brighton, Oct).

Highest xG without scoring in a game: Harry Kane (1.34) v Newcastle in August.

That Kane fella must have drifted off into oblivion after being so shit, just like Morata will.

#EveryStrikerPaysaTo ll

Lacazette is also running cold whilst doing well.
Be a lot more worrying for any striker if they weren’t getting in goalscoring positions. Morata had an off night with the finishing but he’s a threat in many ways.

Lacazette is a funny one. I always saw him as a man to finish moves but he’s proving to be a good link player rather than finisher at Arsenal. A lot of ball is being played to his feet rather than into space in behind. I think he’d score more goals if it was played in behind tbh. They’re using him as more of a hold-up player in which case, they’d probably be better off using Giroud in that style of play.
Reply With Quote
  #3977  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:54 AM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 18,899
Default

I'd like to see Maitland Niles given few games in his natural position (CM)....El Neny and le Coq are just squad players who'll be used for the league Cup and TNCL, the confidence and composure he has been showing in the last few weeks is quite impressive for such a young lad
__________________
POL on Ozil joining Arsenal: "lol, its like Higaiun all over again"
Reply With Quote
  #3978  
Old 04-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Shabby Shabby is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco 2005 View Post
I'd like to see Maitland Niles given few games in his natural position (CM)....El Neny and le Coq are just squad players who'll be used for the league Cup and TNCL, the confidence and composure he has been showing in the last few weeks is quite impressive for such a young lad
Would he be a bit weak physically? Especially in a two. He’s nicely suited to a wing-back role.
Reply With Quote
  #3979  
Old 04-01-2018, 04:37 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 18,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Would he be a bit weak physically? Especially in a two. He’s nicely suited to a wing-back role.
Do you think Santi Cazorla was too weak to play CM?

MN played as a right winger up to few years ago ( i remember reading an article about him circa 2014 when his coach started transitioning him to CM)and he's now been playing CM for couple of years with Arsenal youth teams...i find him too technical and skillful to just play as wing back...he probably needs a more natural DMF next to him in a 2 man midfield which would allow him to burst forward ala Santi
__________________
POL on Ozil joining Arsenal: "lol, its like Higaiun all over again"
Reply With Quote
  #3980  
Old 04-01-2018, 09:50 PM
TopicGrinder TopicGrinder is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 19,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybluebarry View Post
Henry criticising Morata for missing 1 on 1s, he missed one in 2006 against Barcelona which probaly would have won the CL
I too long for days of a perfect pundit that never made a mistake in their career to assess a game.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.