Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 01-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Senior PROC Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
North chapel is great for it though. Tower bar right next door. Go to pub, and arrive just after communion and act like you've been there all along. The ducloyne in togher(rip) was good for it too.

Civil ceremonies, which are becoming more common are fun though and make skipping unnecessary.
Not so sure about that, it can mean spending more time at the hotel if that's where the civil ceremony takes place. Weddings are a drag.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Not so sure about that, it can mean spending more time at the hotel if that's where the civil ceremony takes place. Weddings are a drag.
I'm invited to a wedding in Clare next Dec, they want to make it a 3 day event, as if nobody have f all else to do.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:00 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubwithnobeer View Post
I'm invited to a wedding in Clare next Dec, they want to make it a 3 day event, as if nobody have f all else to do.
That would be very awkward for any couples with young children.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
The civil ceremonies I've been to have been a laugh. Far better than a church, which is basically mass with an exchange of rings.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
The civil ceremonies I've been to have been a laugh. Far better than a church, which is basically mass with an exchange of rings.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
My Church dodging tactic is all about shortening the day really.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubwithnobeer View Post
I was at a wedding a few years back and they had no speeches, seemed strange as all they had to do was remind people why they were there. O w thing worse than long speeches is no speeches.
My brother did that, was a little odd, but it was his wedding, up to him.

Was at a wedding where the father of the bride said "I'm not one for speeches" and sat down.

Witnessed one of the worst speeches recently, went on and on, there were tears, about a billion thank yous, rambling stories that didn't go anywhere and not a joke to be seen.
Half an hour of hell.

Agree on the speeches before the meal, anyone who does that and takes more than 10 mins hates both the crowd and the caterers.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
I went to one, in Ireland, where dad did a few minutes on every year of his daughters life, she was 30

Jesus and didn't I know it
What an attention seeking prick.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:04 PM

I tell what's weird, a "wedding comedian". Fuck you Dave Young I want my hour back. You can be Brendan Grace, you can be Roy Chubby Brown or an ok singer. You can't be all 3.

Last edited by nelly sham; 02-01-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Old 01-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Senior PROC Member

Worst one ever I was at had the father of the bride, a humourless, self important cunt talking for what felt like an hour about "the blessed virgin" and telling a shit anecdote about a fella who didn't know his prayers. The virgin bit was probably a non ironic reference to his daughter, an ugly troll who I'd say was 100% pure at that point
Old 01-01-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post
If you have the speeches before the food at your wedding, your wedding is a failure.
Some hotels use it as an opportunity to time the starter and main so they'll be served hot and in good time. We had to let the hotel know how long each of our speeches would run for this reason.

Ours were 20 mins total for 4 speeches. I don't think we did too bad.