Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #611  
Old 06-12-2017, 11:34 PM
mire mire is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
This is the best one I could find



Deffo a huge difference going west than there is east
yup, it's called rates gerrymandering
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 07-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Bennyton Bennyton is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Turners Cross
Posts: 4,236
Default

Looks gr8 m8's, make it so, and start building the next ballincollig.

It's time to capitalize on the city's recent upswing, and grow!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by They View Post
Flew in to Cork Monday morning in the wind, rain and fog. He landed 2nd time around, and even though it was sky/ground/sky/ground out the window for the last 20 seconds he met it bang on in fairness.
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 07-12-2017, 03:53 PM
poulgorm poulgorm is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
This is the best one I could find



Deffo a huge difference going west than there is east
Based on that map, the city area will be about 4 times its current size.

That should be enough to keep the city going for another 50 years - probably a lot more. No shortage of potential development land, when the extension is implemented.

The extension was always going to be a compromise. Naive to think otherwise.

Coveney certainly concentrated minds when he told the two councils to come up with an agreed solution by Christmas, or the government would impose a solution.

Well done, Coveney.
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:46 AM
longbigandjuicy longbigandjuicy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,515
Default

I think the boundary missed out on maximising the harbour areas.
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:01 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,319
Default

It's all up for review again in 15 years time I think. If City Council use their noggins and arrange some good industrial estates within their vastly expanded zone - as well as housing obviously - then there should be little need going forward to take Little Island which could quickly become a relative backwater.

Sort the infrastructure around the airport - given the air traffic, noise and fumes, it's not the optimal place to live anyway - and that could become a huge industrial hub, with close access to the link roads as well.
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Bennyton Bennyton is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Turners Cross
Posts: 4,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
It's all up for review again in 15 years time I think. If City Council use their noggins and arrange some good industrial estates within their vastly expanded zone - as well as housing obviously - then there should be little need going forward to take Little Island which could quickly become a relative backwater.

Sort the infrastructure around the airport - given the air traffic, noise and fumes, it's not the optimal place to live anyway - and that could become a huge industrial hub, with close access to the link roads as well.
The link is full m8, it's at capacity.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by They View Post
Flew in to Cork Monday morning in the wind, rain and fog. He landed 2nd time around, and even though it was sky/ground/sky/ground out the window for the last 20 seconds he met it bang on in fairness.
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 12-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Jukka Jukka is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,687
Default

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/G...eff0597dc72-ds

The total mess they've made of mapping in all this is inexcusable really. It's the best tool they had to communicate what it is they're proposing and they seem to have given it fuck all attention, thought or effort.
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 12-12-2017, 04:39 PM
mire mire is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,583
Default

sources say that the Cabinet has approved the implementation group’s report on the Mackinnon review of local govt arrangements in Cork
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 12-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 29,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mire View Post
sources say that the Cabinet has approved the implementation group’s report on the Mackinnon review of local govt arrangements in Cork
That was going to happen anyway.

All we have now is half-mad semi-ignorant councillors jumping up and down to get attention so that their local base can see that "they were against this all along" and use simple phrases like "land grab" etc for simpletons.
__________________
With jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni.................... .
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 12-12-2017, 05:07 PM
bluesball bluesball is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,359
Default

Canty is your man for that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.