Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-04-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar View Post
thanks for that! keep us posted man!
Radiohead have now confirmed that Caribou will be doing support for their October gigs. (UK & Europe)Still nothing for Dublin announced which is a bit odd, catching them in Manchester myself, thank god i got tickets for this as it's possible there may be no Irish gigs which is very strange. Scotland was also left out of the tour.
Old 27-04-2012, 06:33 PM

Very frustrating if they don't announce something for Ireland - especially seeing as the UK "tour" was so small as well. Bad form!
Old 27-04-2012, 06:56 PM

I've heard EP a few times now.
Old 27-04-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
I've heard EP a few times now.
It's possible, but as it currently stands, it's unlikely. they currently have no gigs between June 30th and October 5th, so I can' t see them breaking a 14 week break in touring, just to do a relatively small(in the European festival sense)festival. of course if there are another slew of gigs announced around Ep time, that would make more sense.
Old 28-04-2012, 03:17 AM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlackNova View Post
Very frustrating if they don't announce something for Ireland - especially seeing as the UK "tour" was so small as well. Bad form!
Why?

Ireland is a small market.

Especially if the promoters dont play ball with their ticket policy.
Old 28-04-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
Why?

Ireland is a small market.

Especially if the promoters dont play ball with their ticket policy.
That's interesting, has there. been reports that Mcd(who have promoted them here for a good while)had a problem with the ticket policy ? I seriously doubt that this is the reason they are not playing Ireland or Scotland for that matter. there is still time for a gig/s to be announced here, the most obvious dates are late
September to the first few days in October, so it could still happen
Old 28-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling At Your Feet View Post
That's interesting, has there. been reports that Mcd(who have promoted them here for a good while)had a problem with the ticket policy ? I seriously doubt that this is the reason they are not playing Ireland or Scotland for that matter. there is still time for a gig/s to be announced here, the most obvious dates are late
September to the first few days in October, so it could still happen
No i havent heard anything about it just speculation on my behalf. MCD are a shower of cnuts and it wouldnt surprise me if they played hard ball with the band on the way they are selling tickets for this tour which i think is brilliant btw.But i think it has to cut into promoters profits when the band sell the tickets themselves.
Old 28-04-2012, 03:42 PM

I heard they make you solve a quadratic equation to get the code to get clues on how to get tickets for their shows??
Old 29-04-2012, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
No i havent heard anything about it just speculation on my behalf. MCD are a shower of cnuts and it wouldnt surprise me if they played hard ball with the band on the way they are selling tickets for this tour which i think is brilliant btw.But i think it has to cut into promoters profits when the band sell the tickets themselves.
how are they flogging tickets??
Old 29-04-2012, 12:39 PM

They are ticketless gigs for the most part, the credit card holder must be there on the night with the confirmation of purchase, they are non transferable,,credit card holder not there, no one gets in, no physical tickets are issued for online sales, however personal callers to ticket centres do get actual tickets! but this would be a small minority of overall sales. Not sure what you mean Delzer, the majority of tickets are sold on standard online websites, ticketmaster etc, so the band do not sell all the tickets, although a small percentage are sold through the bans website. Its true there would be some additional costs on venue entrance, as the access would take much longer than the normal ticket scan setup.The lack of Dublin gigs and mcd, does not explain how Scotland has also been left out of the tour also. Dublin and Glasgow have been on every tour for years now.

Last edited by Falling At Your Feet; 29-04-2012 at 01:21 PM..