Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 26-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koselig View Post
Aye. The Norsk are super-human-fit, is all I'm saying. I'd imagine that's down to the cross-country skiing and hiking obsessions the nation 'suffers' from They wouldn't take very kindly to slacking, constant tay-drinking or smoke breaks. Be prepared to work very hard, don't expect any 'craic' and you'll do fine.
I had good craic there ,

and I was in the middle of nowhere .

To the OP ,
Most of what's said here about Norway is pretty true ,
They're diligent , patient , no-nonsense people ,

Dry sense of humour , don't open up and spout shite at the first opportunity , But seem sound out once they get a measure of ya , as long as you're sound .

I've only seen a factory , and they're pretty safe , by the numbers , solid H&S type guys as far as I could tell . they don't like cutting corners .
Old 26-03-2012, 05:23 PM

did ya smash any of em, wal?
tell the lads, bahbilla.
Old 26-03-2012, 05:41 PM

any links for work over there? would love to check Norway out..
Old 26-03-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duishbag View Post
a guy i know heard there was plenty of work in construction in norway and rang me to know would i'd be interested in going,he's trying to get a few lads to go with him,he says the money is very good and its a 2hr flight
im still working at the moment but nobody knows what the future holds,
has anyone here ever worked in norway in construction,there's very little on the net about it
have a few friends that work out there (mostly physics and instrumentation guys) foring with the oil/gas.. anyway they love it, good standard of living , nice huoses/neighbourhoods (crime is almost non-existant) - good salaries also , if your mad for pints forget it (but i guess that goes for most places outside ireland Uk and oz) - anyway it worked out well for them (longest has been there 8 years at this stage)
Old 26-03-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang_Sandwich View Post
have a few friends that work out there (mostly physics and instrumentation guys) foring with the oil/gas.. anyway they love it, good standard of living , nice huoses/neighbourhoods (crime is almost non-existant) - good salaries also , if your mad for pints forget it (but i guess that goes for most places outside ireland Uk and oz) - anyway it worked out well for them (longest has been there 8 years at this stage)
Old 27-03-2012, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_2_b_a_rebel View Post
did ya smash any of em, wal?
tell the lads, bahbilla.
No
I'm very happily married ......