Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-02-2018, 10:11 AM

Default Oxfam sex tourists

Well well
Quote:
Senior aid workers for one of Britain’s biggest charities were accused of paying survivors of the Haiti earthquake for sex.

Three Oxfam employees were allowed to resign and four were sacked for gross misconduct after an internal investigation found some workers had used prostitutes in the war-torn region.

The former director in the country was also accused of inviting prostitutes to his flat rented by Oxfam, according to a leaked report seen by the Times.

Oxfam was also accused of covering up evidence as the Charity Commission said it had never been shown the specific allegations of sexual abuse mentioned in the 2011 investigation report.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz56bIfOD8s
Old 09-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Banned

Disgraceful. Another reason why I never, ever give my hard-earned cash to the likes of these "charities". Rotten through and through.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Róisín_Rua View Post
Disgraceful. Another reason why I never, ever give my hard-earned cash to the likes of these "charities". Rotten through and through.
This is a disgraceful statement.
It doesn't state anywhere that they used charitable funds for anything unlawful.

I pity you and your paranoid suspicion of all charity. Maybe you should consider volunteering like the hundreds of thousands of people who volunteer tirelessly for CHARITY and local organisations in this country.

Then you could do something useful instead of being PARANOID on the internet.

Good day.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcork View Post
This is a disgraceful statement.
It doesn't state anywhere that they used charitable funds for anything unlawful.

I pity you and your paranoid suspicion of all charity. Maybe you should consider volunteering like the hundreds of thousands of people who volunteer tirelessly for CHARITY and local organisations in this country.

Then you could do something useful instead of being PARANOID on the internet.

Good day.
Well said John. There are plenty of magnificent charities around, both locally and those with an international focus. If people could see the work they do at making our city and the world a better more humane place, they would not come out with shite like this.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Banned

I never, ever donate money to the international Charities - only to local ones. I know a few people involved in running some of them so I know where my money goes. Also, there are a few local animal charities that I donate food, bedding, cat litter etc. to. I don't want my money going to pay the international charities CEO's overinflated salaries.

Last edited by Róisín_Rua; 10-02-2018 at 10:43 AM..
Old 10-02-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Róisín_Rua View Post
I never, ever donate money to the international Charities - only to local ones. I know a few people involved in running some of them so I know where my money goes. Also, there are a few local animal charities that I donate food, bedding, cat litter etc. to. I don't want my money going to pay the international charities CEO's overinflated salaries.
who would you recommend locally ?
Old 09-02-2018, 01:04 PM

Charity is a business,Big Business, with CEO's earning upwards £200k pa.
They are tax free, which is the big incentive to create and milk them.
Give your charity money locally when possibly, there are a few genuine ones, but rare as rocking horse poo.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:42 PM

They came across a service and availed of it, what's the problem? The way the article starts you'd think they picked on survivors at random but wait to mention they were whores
Old 09-02-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubwithnobeer View Post
They came across a service and availed of it, what's the problem? The way the article starts you'd think they picked on survivors at random but wait to mention they were whores
A great bunch of lads

Quote:
In separate claims made against charity workers, one source told the paper employees organised a ‘full-on Caligula orgy’ filled with girls dressed in Oxfam T-shirts.

They claimed staff had recorded videos of the night, but Oxfam said no recording had been submitted to the investigation.

Even though some of the employees who contacted the Times said they were concerned aid workers had sex with under-age girls. The report found the claim could not be ruled out.

In early August 2011, it was reported a ‘small number’ of employees were being investigated over allegations of gross misconduct.

Other Oxfam workers, not thought to be British, left as a result of the investigation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz56cvhi6Gc
Old 09-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accidental hipster View Post
They should be well regulated it seems we have far to go before the charities regain the trust they once had.