tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Cork Hurlers - Part 2
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2019, 06:10 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gougane View Post
In my opinion,Red&Blue, what happens is that managements in Cork place far too much faith in systems and not nearly enough in the players. The first major shortcoming of this is that the players lose the ability to think for themselves and to play what’s in front of them. Instead they mindlessly continue to follow the system even when it's failing. Secondly, they fail to realise that when you go out on to the field getting the better of your man is paramount. Thirdly, systems look very good when they work but by and large good managements usually have figured out a system to counteract it by the time the second half begins. As a result when the system fails you are left with nothing.

The tools to fight it out are the mindset and the skill set of the players. The mindset is the determination not to be beaten by the man you’re marking. The skills needed to fight it out are the basic core skills of competing for the ball and being able to tackle properly. Personally I couldn’t emphasise enough the importance of tackling.
I agree 100%