tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Junior Hurling Championship
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2019, 08:19 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper View Post
Should be a tight match on Sunday. Carrig are a strong well balanced team with their main standout performers in defence and midfield. Rovers are solid enough throughout with their main men both in the full forward line.

If Forde gets on top in midfield and Geaney at 6 then Carrig might be able to exact revenge for East Cork Final. Rovers were winners in that game due to a goal in injury time - if Carrig cut back on the Hail Mary attempts they might prevail this time 'round.

In a strange way, could the loser of this game be better set in the medium term than the winner based on the 2020 championship setup?

It's a big ask for the Junior winner to go up and win the intermediate - unless you're the Cloughduv allstars

(waits for Hartyparty to inject a bit of life in proceedings...)
My own view is that its ridiculous, the winners of the 4th grade of Cork hurling will have play in the 5th grade of cork hurling next year. You might be right that maybe the losers are better off in the medium term. Looking at the teams in the "lower Intermediate" both teams could certainly give it a rattly, but its a big ask to win back to back championships.

I'm gonna say Russells to win, as from what I seen they preformed better in the county and they knocked out my own club in east cork